31 May, old Bond films in cinemas

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Blue Straggler 27 May 2017
FYI I just learned that cinemas (I think just Odeons) are screening a double bill in memory of Sir Roger Moore, with proceeds going to charity . One night only, Wed 31 May and it is his best two Bond films too! The Spy Who Loved Me and For Your Eyes Only
 buzby 27 May 2017
In reply to Blue Straggler:

surely Live and let die was his best, my favourite anyway.
In reply to buzby:

It's all subjective of course. Someone somewhere has A View to a Kill as a favourite. But generally most people - punters and pundits alike - say The Spy Who Loved Me was just the right combination of elements to make it "perfect Moore". Personally I prefer For Your Eyes Only but I see the reasoning behind Spy who Loved Me being the "established" best
In reply to buzby:

Live and Let Die has the villain inflating like a balloon and then becoming lighter than air, bursting like a balloon and leaving shreds of himself around like a balloon. I accept some silliness in Bond but honestly. Good one liner from Moore afterward though
Andy Gamisou 27 May 2017

> Live and Let Die has the villain inflating like a balloon and then becoming lighter than air, bursting like a balloon and leaving shreds of himself around like a balloon. I accept some silliness in Bond but honestly. Good one liner from Moore afterward though

Sounds like you have an inflated opinion of your self.
 wercat 29 May 2017
I still like George Lazenby's "He had a lot of guts", though it horrified me on the big screen - still thought of that when I saw patches of red on the snow the first time I saw a piste bully when I was twice as old on my first ski trip, not realising it was only red diesel
Post edited at 11:00

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...