Boots for Nepal

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 IainMunro 23 May 2017
Hello,

Heading to Nepal in November and looking for a pair of boots for 6000m +

Have managed to try on Scarpa Phantom 6000 and La Sportiva G2 SM. I usually fit LS better and in Scotland/Alps I climb in Nepal Extremes. I've had frost nip in my toes before climbing Mont Blanc a few years ago during a cold snap in Summer and since this have been prone to very cold feet even in Scotland.

Has anyone any experience of the LS Baruntse? I've read a few North American reviews and it sounds like it was a very warm boot and similar fit to the Nepal Extremes. They only seem to be available in Europe now and think have been replaced by the G2.

The G2 was very comfy and light but quite a price tag and not sure how warm it will be in comparison to something more beefy.

Has anyone had any first hand experience of the G2 or the Barunste? (Or even better able to compare?!) Scarpa didn't fit...

Thanks

Iain
 CliffPowys 24 May 2017
In reply to IainMunro:

I use Asolo 8000s for 5500 to 7000m. They are good for me to 7500m with insulated over-gaiters. The Baruntses seem to be very similar but I have never used them. I do not have any cold injuries.

Whatever you buy will cost about the same unless you find something second hand. It is possible to rent HA boots in Kathmandu as long as you feet are not too big.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...