Arc'teryx approach shoes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 KS132 27 Apr 2017
Does anyone have any experience of Arc'teryx approach shoes? I have seen some (Women's acrux, various styles) heavily reduced on a website but I have never had a pair of their shoes, so was wondering what their fit is like (and therefore what size to get compared with my 'usual' shoe size)?
Many thanks.
In reply to KS132:

I returned a couple of pairs to Sports Pursuit as they were really narrow. Sizing up didn't help. If you've got slender feet then they could be worth a punt as they seemed very nicely made.
 Alex Riley 27 Apr 2017
In reply to highaltitudebarista:
I like mine. I've done hundreds of km, lots of climbing and scrambling in the, even descended a glacier.

The sole is starting to peel around the edges, but apart from that they look nearly new. I've had them two years and worn them almost every day for one of those years.

If i was to buy them again (likely), I'd get the gtx version or the sock, rather than the basic as they get wet fairly easily and are hard to dry. I'd also replace the laces because the ones them come with aren't great (hard-wearing, but come undone) although this might have been changed on more recent versions.
Post edited at 09:39
 galpinos 27 Apr 2017
In reply to Alex Riley:

How do they size? Street shoe size?
 Alex Riley 27 Apr 2017
In reply to galpinos:

Pretty much the same, i just guessed based on my street shoes when i bought them online.
 ripper 27 Apr 2017
In reply to KS132:

I think there's an Acrux2 out now, so first-generation versions are probably being sold at a discount
OP KS132 27 Apr 2017
In reply to highaltitudebarista:
The shoes I have seen are in Sports Pursuit. Unfortunately, I don't have desperately narrow feet (but do have problem toes and need space at the front!) so they may not be for me. Thank you for the information.
 ripper 27 Apr 2017
>do have problem toes and need space at the front!.

Definitely wouldn't buy off a website then, without having tried the same model on somewhere (in which case of course it's a bit naughty to say 'no thanks' in the shop and them buy off the web....)
 Simon80 27 Apr 2017
In reply to KS132:

I've got the ones from Sport Pursuit, Accrux Gtx and i have quite wide feet and problem toes - they fit fine although a bit snug compared to other shoes, however i like it that way for approach shoes. A bit hard to put on with the internal sock design but very comfy out of the box. Fit is the same like my street shoes with a thin sock, if used with a thicker sock i would go 0.5/1 size up.
 Pipecleaner 28 Apr 2017
In reply to KS132:

Ive got some acrux gtx...theyre a bit clumpy. Pretty comfy and really sturdy, be great for backpacking. Theyre not super light tho and the laces do tend to work loose.
On another note ive not long got a pair of norvan vt trainers from arcteryx...billed as runners that can scramble/climb. Theyre a revelation...ive worn them running off road, scrambling up to moderate grade and jogging with a baby in a back carrier. Theyre supportive, grippy and comfortable. Toe box is roomy for my narrow feet but i can run descents with no problems of foot slipping.
They have a lace system i thought would be a gimmick with the ability to snug the toes down before climbing...it really works and takes seconds.
Id happily buy another pair at full price...still a compromise shoe but a very good compromise...id happily take them to skye or curved ridge.
 Pipecleaner 28 Apr 2017
In reply to KS132:

Ps sorry ive totally avoided the point...im a 9.5 size in them...same as id be in scarpa boots or addidas, nime or innov8 shoes, half size smaller than my salomons...hope this is more helpful!
OP KS132 28 Apr 2017
In reply to Pipecleaner:

Thank you! I have Scarpa boots too so this is useful information.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...