A Taste Of The Cape Wrath Trail..Blog Post

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 goatee 25 Apr 2017
Last week I was fortunate enough to spend five wonderful days hiking from Strathcatton south to Glenfinnan of the above trail. I loved every bit of it. What an amazing route..the Story here..http://howlingmist.blogspot.ie/2017/04/strathcarron-to-glenfinnan-taste-of....
I hope you enjoy,
Stephen
 Siward 25 Apr 2017
In reply to goatee:

Superb. Really, what could be better?
OP goatee 25 Apr 2017
In reply to Siward:

Thanks. Great weather in an amazing place
 BusyLizzie 25 Apr 2017
In reply to goatee:

Wonderful pictures!
 Welsh Kate 25 Apr 2017
In reply to goatee:

Great write-up and photos, thanks for sharing.
 Paul Evans 26 Apr 2017
In reply to goatee:

Thanks for sharing. Brought back good memories - did a very similar route but south to north (Fort William to Achnashellach) in 7 days in early June 2016. Perfect weather.

Worth mentioning that I went through 2 weeks or so after the Cape Wrath Ultra folks, and saw only the occasional footprint
 Andy Johnson 26 Apr 2017
In reply to goatee:

Thanks for posting this. I enjoyed reading it.

I walked Shiel Bridge to Ullapool back in 2003, following the old North To The Cape route, and then Shiel Bridge to Glenfinnan a year or so later - so this brought back some happy memories. Got rather gripped coming down the Falls of Glomach path in heavy rain. Got lost trying to find my way out of Attadale Gardens. Fun times.
OP goatee 26 Apr 2017
In reply to andyjohnson0:

I can easily understand how you could get gripped. A heavy bag and slippery rock and foing down as well. Beautiful place tho
drmarten 26 Apr 2017
In reply to goatee:

I enjoyed that, thanks for posting. I saw the Ben Alder write up on the sidebar and realised I'd read your blog before - keep them coming.
 pneame 12 May 2017
In reply to goatee:

Immaculate trip. The Forclan ridge looks great - as you say, quite alpine.
 steelbru 12 May 2017
In reply to goatee:

We have lochs not lakes here in Scotland....................

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...