Inov8 road shoes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tony 25 Apr 2017
Does anyone have any experience of Inov8 road shoes? I currently use Brooks Adrenalines as my road shoe, in a wide fitting, but the last two pairs have fallen apart at the same place, and I'm wondering if Inov8 might be a suitable alternative - I have a pair if Inov8 Race Ultras for off road, which have a (surprisingly) wide forefoot where I need it, so I may have to investigate their road shoes if I can find a stockist.
 thommi 25 Apr 2017
In reply to tony:
Hey up. I am currently using my roadtalon 240s quite a lot, even on the trail at the moment because the ground is so hard, and I get on with them great. They feel a bit more tight in the toe box compared to my old roclites and trailrocs and I also found I had to go up half a size (all my other inov8s are 10s with the exception of my winter pair which are 10.5s for dexshell/injinji combo), and they fit like a 10. I quite like the flat feel of them and they run fine. Hope thats some help, others may say otherwise.

edit. they are 10.5.
Post edited at 14:09
OP tony 25 Apr 2017
In reply to thommi:

Thanks thommi - tight in the toe box isn't really what I want. I've had some problems with narrow toe boxes in the past, so I'm looking for generous sizes. Inov* sizing is weird - I've had shoes nominally the same size (8.5) with very different widths, varying from impossibly narrow to a decent fit.
 Michael Hood 25 Apr 2017
In reply to tony:

> but the last two pairs have fallen apart at the same place,

don't run past that place - problem solved
 climbingpixie 25 Apr 2017
In reply to tony:

I've got a pair of Roadclaws. They're fairly wide in the toebox - they fit my shovel feet better than the Hokas I tried first.
 thommi 25 Apr 2017
In reply to tony:

I'm the same with my feet, as in they are wide to the point that I'll never get to enjoy la sportiva shoes. the roadtalons aren't tight so to speak, but are certainly less roomy than other inov8s Ive had. Like you siad theyre sizing is all over the place at the moment.
 Dave B 25 Apr 2017
In reply to tony:

The shoe you may be looking for are Saucony... Broad toe, narrower heel.

Omni? The new foam is very good, very sproingy....

OP tony 25 Apr 2017
In reply to Dave B:

> The shoe you may be looking for are Saucony... Broad toe, narrower heel. Omni? The new foam is very good, very sproingy....

Thanks, I have tried Saucony, once, and they were okay but still a bit tight. I like the sound of sproingy - that would be very nice.
 Dave B 25 Apr 2017
In reply to tony:

Shame...

New balance in wide? Again their freshfoam is good... I found the heels too wide for me....

djb
OP tony 25 Apr 2017
In reply to Dave B:

Yeah, New Balance are the others I have to try - I haven't been able to find a stockist with the wide fittings.
 BusyLizzie 26 Apr 2017
In reply to tony:

Thank you all, I have found this thread really helpful and will refer to it next time I buy shoes.
 wbo 26 Apr 2017
In reply to tony: Have you looked at Altra's - they are extremely wide in the toebox. They are however zero drop only and have form for being destroyed very quickly

The Inov8's look distinctly meh to me, and rather pricey for that

OP tony 27 Apr 2017
In reply to wbo:

Thanks - not only have I never looked at Altras, but I've never heard of them! I will investigate, but if they fall apart easily, that doesn't put them much ahead of the Brooks I'm using at the moment.
 wbo 27 Apr 2017
In reply to tony:
There are some reviews online - do NOT buy these without looking at them in the 'flesh' first. They are very natural as well as being the widest shoes I've seen.
OP tony 27 Apr 2017
In reply to wbo:

Noted - I do generally try to try things on before buying, having been caught out a few times before, usually with new season's shoes being markedly different shapes to the previous year's models. Just need to find a stockist ...
 Tom Briggs 27 Apr 2017
In reply to tony:

Accelerate in Sheffield stock Altra: http://www.accelerateuk.com/shop/category/101/Footwear/
OP tony 27 Apr 2017
In reply to Tom Briggs:

Thanks. Not entirely sure I can justify a trip all the way to Sheffield just for a pair of running shoes. However, I have just found a shop in Glasgow that sells a small range of them, so I can easily justify that trip.
 Dauphin 20 May 2017
In reply to tony:

INOV8 sizes are all over the shop. Poor build quality vs cost. You will destroy them in no time if you are a unit who normally uses Brooks Adrenaline. Have you tried Montrail? I still need to up a 1/2 to a whole size in these compared to Brooks - However they are build for giant heavy yanks like Brooks and build quality is superb IMO. On the other hand INOV8 shoes look great and its a U.K. company.

And dont run on roads.

D
 SouthernSteve 20 May 2017
In reply to tony:

I have pretty wide feet and get on well with Asics as well as the Adrenalin. Are you using the E wide fitting from Brooks or their naturally a bit wider normal D fitting, I have used both, but found the extra wide version just a little too sloppy. I am now using a neutral shoe and the Glycerin 14 (with orthotics) have been great.
 wbo 20 May 2017
In reply to tony:
Actually how wide is wide. I've seen a lot of shoes but if i was after reasonably cushioned, neutral , durable and good value shoes my first stop would be Nike Pegasus. Tried them?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...