Alpkit Ordos 2 - inner length??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 abcdef 24 Apr 2017
Anyone with the Ordos 2 who is over 6 feet tall care to comment on the length?? Website is saying 208cm, which (while more than my height) is less than a lot of others, so have a feeling either/both of my big head or big feet would push against the inner.

Thanks

wilkesley 25 Apr 2017
In reply to abcdef:

Don't know the answer. However, I was thinking of buying one and I am 6ft 2", so would like to know too!
 Mal Grey 25 Apr 2017
In reply to abcdef:

I had a tent, with decent vertical ends, which was 200cm. It was fine for me at 178cm tall, but only just by the time you add sleeping bag hood etc, and I'd say I'd want an extra 5-10cm generally.
My current tents are 210 for my lighter one which is perfectly adequate, and 230 for the other one, which is really nice to have.

For Wilkesley at 6'2" (188cm ish), I'd say allow 30cm so maybe 220 comfortable, you'd get away with 210 but it would be like me in the 200, a bit tight with hood or toes of sleeping bag touching the inner if you don't stay perfectly in the middle all night.

angry pirate 25 Apr 2017
In reply to abcdef:

Not entirely helpful but I'm dead on 6' and the Ordos is plenty long enough for me (more spacious than my old Voyager was)
I can fit a full length mat in with plenty of space for a drybag as a pillow on the tent floor beyond it. I don't imagine that being 2" taller would make me feel cramped.
 damowilk 26 Apr 2017
In reply to abcdef:

I'm 184cm (just over 6ft?) and comfortably fit inside the Ordos 2 with probably 1-2 inch leeway.
OP abcdef 26 Apr 2017
In reply to abcdef:

hmmm, unfortunately am thinking 6'4" might be a bit big
 angry pirate 04 May 2017
In reply to abcdef:

My mate who is 6'3" tried my Ordos at the weekend and his verdict is that it was big enough.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...