Snowdonia 4-5day walk.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 scottaaron 20 Apr 2017
Can anybody recommend a 4-5 day hiking route in Snowdonia walking about 8 hours a day in July. We would like to stop at a different site each night.
 Brass Nipples 20 Apr 2017
In reply to scottaaron:

Walk from Llanberis to Corris following the Cambrian Way.
 Ramblin dave 20 Apr 2017
In reply to scottaaron:

I've got a sort of vague plan to do a North-South route across the area at some point. Llanfairfechan to Ogwen to Nant Peris to Rhyd Ddu to Porthmadog. Optional continuation to the Rhinogs, or even all the way down to Cadair and then Machynlleth if you've got enough time.
 Mark Haward 21 Apr 2017
In reply to scottaaron:

Nantlle Ridge to Rhyd Ddu area. Snowdon to camp around Nant Gwynant. Traverse Glyders and camp in Ogwen Valley. Carnedd area to camp around LLyn Crafnant. Route to Betws Y Coed. You can mix wild camps, campsites, hostel as you wish.
 richprideaux 21 Apr 2017
In reply to scottaaron:

Circular or linear route?
 aldoh 21 Apr 2017
In reply to scottaaron:

Why not break the Welsh 3000s challenge in several days

Day 1: The Carneddau Range
Day 2: The Glyderau Range
Day 3: The Snowdon Range
 ianstevens 21 Apr 2017
In reply to aldoh:
From the OP: "... 4-5 day [...] walking about 8 hours a day" - only doing the 3000s in three days fulfulls neither of those criteria IMO. Llanfairfechan - Mach (or the other way round) seems like the best plan to me!
Post edited at 12:02
llechwedd 21 Apr 2017
In reply to scottaaron:

I'd take a different slant on setting out a walk of that duration.
Decide where you want to walk to on your last day, then get the maps out and see if you can link up an interesting journey to get there. Day 1 can be a long approach walk to somewhere that gives a sense of arrival. This way there can be a build of anticipation, rather than just having a serial day tripper mentality.

Try and avoid just driving your car as close as you can to the first bit of bucket list scenery, and then being a tourist.
 Tom the tall 21 Apr 2017
In reply to scottaaron:
Paddy Buckley round?
 Roadrunner5 22 Apr 2017
In reply to scottaaron:

As said look at the Paddy Buckley, that can easily be extended to include more on each of the ranges.

Moley 22 Apr 2017
In reply to scottaaron:

Meirionnydd Round, cracking route away from everyone, but tough - tougher than the Paddy B and ideally tackled before the end of May (bracken, grass etc.).
http://www.gofar.org.uk/MeirionnyddRound.html
OP scottaaron 25 Apr 2017
In reply to scottaaron:

Thank you all for your responses.

I prefer a linear walk but circular over a few days can also work.

I think we (myself and 12 year old son) may walk part of the Snowdonia way partly on the valley route and partly on the mountain route.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...