North Sardinia photography.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Russell Lovett 19 Apr 2017
Off to Alghero in Sardinia in June and I'm starting to make plans in how to spend my time. So does anyone have any sugestions on good locations in the North to visit, iwill have a car so traveling is not a problem. Have seen stunning shots of sculpted granite boulders both inland and by the sea, where might be the best places to visit to get shots of these. Also interested in mountain locations.
 AdrianC 19 Apr 2017
In reply to Russell Lovett:

Capo Testa is the spot for sculpted granite boulders by the sea. I know you said "North" but if you don't mind a bit of driving (it isn't a very big island) I'd also recommend the enormous abandoned mine workings around the south west corner. Anywhere between Iglesias and the charmingly named Buggeru is worth a look. There's plenty of good climbing there too.
 Toerag 20 Apr 2017

Alghero has the super-exposed Ferrata Cabriol across the bay on Capo Caccia - could get some good shots there, 'Dolomites on sea'? Do a google image search.

In reply to Toerag:

Will do. Cheers.
 James Rushforth Global Crag Moderator 20 Apr 2017
In reply to Toerag:

Looks great...
 kingborris 20 Apr 2017

the area around Gola Gorropu is pretty spectacular too.
 Toerag 20 Apr 2017
In reply to James Rushforth:
> Looks great...

It is - simple, short approach, mostly horizontal, nice little staple sections and MEGA exposure - I actually wondered what would happen if something failed as everything is stainless - which we know fails with no visual signs of deterioration beforehand. At one point I thew a rock off and counted to 13 before it hit the sea - couldn't hear the splash and only just saw it :-O !
http://www.ferratacabirol.it/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5...
Post edited at 14:11
 Simon80 21 Apr 2017

+1 for Capo Testa, simply stunning

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...