Camping Gas Retailers in Bangor?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JonoDHawkins 15 Apr 2017

Hi,

Getting the train into Bangor on Monday - wondering if anyone knows where I might be able to buy screw-top camping gas canisters (~250-500g) for a small stove within walking distance from the train station?

Staying in Ogwen Valley but trying to avoid the 10km round trip to Pinnacle Stores/Joe Browns...

Cheers
Post edited at 21:30
 Bryn_F 16 Apr 2017
In reply to JonoDHawkins:

Depending what time you arrive (and considering it is a Bank Holiday) there's a Trespass shop on the high street about 15-20 min walking from the station, or else a Sports Direct if you walk towards the retail parks (there's also a large Tesco there that sells camping gear around this time of year) - walking to the retail parks will take a bit longer, maybe 30 minutes.

On the high street there are other sports shops too, but they always seem to be moving around...
 oldie 16 Apr 2017

DIY shops/hardware stores/Halfords often have gas canisters but many of these prob long walk from station.. Generally Builders Merchants too but prob closed on BH. Larger camp sites. Failing this some campers will be leaving Ogwen Monday at end BH so you might be able to buy their remnants.
 Andy Say 17 Apr 2017

The Range sells gas. About 15 mins walk from station along Caernarvonshire Road.
OP JonoDHawkins 17 Apr 2017
Thanks all!

I managed to find some tucked away in a cupboard but thanks for the suggestions. I think unfortunately the Tesco would have been too far as I've got to catch the last Sherpa bus, but the Trespass is good to know about.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...