Snowdon Parking ( Easter Weekend)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
llechwedd 15 Apr 2017
 Doghouse 15 Apr 2017
In reply to llechwedd:

Crickey! :-/
In reply to llechwedd:

That's Gwynedd County Council's Xmas party paid for then!
llechwedd 15 Apr 2017
In reply to Ron Rees Davies:

Probably took almost as much as Zipworld today!
 richprideaux 15 Apr 2017
In reply to llechwedd:

My van and the vans of my two instructors are in that video... I think we got some of the last legitimate spaces at around half 8. Ridiculously busy on Snowdon (a problem I was part of I suppose) and some daft behaviour on Crib Goch with folk virtually pushing each other off the ridge to get past. I ended up directing traffic from atop a pinnacle at one point with an audience of around 25-30...
llechwedd 15 Apr 2017
In reply to richprideaux:

I did wonder if that friend's video would have inadvertently captured the vehicle of someone on here.

Meanwhile, in an adjoining valley, entirely separate from the friend who put up the video, we were out walking for 3 hours.
In that time we met a group of 8, a girl walking a dog, and 2 people on mountain bikes.
Dj viper 16 Apr 2017
In reply to llechwedd:

If your name points to where you live I'm in the final stages of joining you in gods village
 richprideaux 16 Apr 2017

Video is offline/hidden now by the looks of it.

Also, why the dislikes? I parked in a layby, bought a ticket and commented on how busy it was?
 richprideaux 16 Apr 2017
In reply to llechwedd:

When we take people out (and they inevitably want to climb Snowdon) they're often quite surprised by how busy it is. They often don't see the connection between them coming up to North Wales to climb Snowdon/bounce on an underground trampoline/fly down a zipwire and the hundreds of others who are also there.

There's a weird tourist paradox where you visit the place that everybody is talking about but are then surprised that everybody is already there...
llechwedd 16 Apr 2017

Yes, just checked, and that vid is not on his Fb page.

Not sure why you got the dislikes. Maybe some took your experience atop CG as virtue signalling. To me, it just gave a flavour of how mad it can get on Bank Holiday weekends. Under such circumstances, it's virtually impossible not to have some interraction with (variably competent) others on the crib.
 jezb1 16 Apr 2017
In reply to llechwedd:

Had some clients climbing today who had walked up Snowdon yesterday, they weren't particularly unhappy at the £35 parking fine they got!

No idea what you pay to park for a day in London where these guys were from.
 Dave the Rave 16 Apr 2017

> My van and the vans of my two instructors are in that video... I think we got some of the last legitimate spaces at around half 8. Ridiculously busy on Snowdon (a problem I was part of I suppose) and some daft behaviour on Crib Goch with folk virtually pushing each other off the ridge to get past. I ended up directing traffic from atop a pinnacle at one point with an audience of around 25-30...

Amazing behaviour but not entirely unexpected. Where were the pushers from?
 richprideaux 16 Apr 2017
In reply to llechwedd:

I suppose.

It wasn't intended that way, more of a "hang on guys, there's a party ahead of us having a bit of a 'moment' and there is literally nowhere to pass unless you fancy soloing up that wall".

The vast majority of folk were fine and convivial, but there were a few who pushed past on narrow sections and nearly sent some slower movers off the edge. One father had some words with a group that nearly knocked his teenage son off...
 richprideaux 16 Apr 2017
In reply to jezb1:

> Had some clients climbing today who had walked up Snowdon yesterday, they weren't particularly unhappy at the £35 parking fine they got!No idea what you pay to park for a day in London where these guys were from.

I've had conversations with some clients that go along those lines. 4 in a car makes it cheaper per head than most city-centre parking.
 leon 1 16 Apr 2017
In reply to Dave the Rave:

> Amazing behaviour but not entirely unexpected. Where were the pushers from?

They were definitely all from Liverpool according to Kelvin MacKenzie

In reply to leon 1:

> They were definitely all from Liverpool according to Kelvin MacKenzie

Fab! The 'calm down perms' on Crib Goch!
llechwedd 16 Apr 2017
In reply to Dave the Rave:

> Fab! The 'calm down perms' on Crib Goch!

They've every right to be there!

and I doubt they were the ones causing a problem.

After all, if they can get a flat screen TV over a 2m high fence in the dark, without breaking it, CG should pose no problem.
In reply to llechwedd:

> They've every right to be there!and I doubt they were the ones causing a problem.After all, if they can get a flat screen TV over a 2m high fence in the dark, without breaking it, CG should pose no problem.

I beg to differ. There is a surgeon who works in that neck of the woods pinning bilateral, calcaneal fractures when they have decided to 'jump for it'!
If the queue was so big and lairy, they could have taken emergency action, jumped and landed on some poor bugger?
 gethin_allen 17 Apr 2017
In reply to llechwedd:

It seems that the UK outdoors holiday is as popular as ever. We went to the range west briefing on Friday morning and the lecture theatre was totally packed. The bloke presenting said he'd never seen the place so busy and had to get more forms photocopied for everyone to sign up.
Fortunately, with the range being so vast it still seemed quiet to me and certainly nothing like bank holiday stanage.

I think there must be one or two zombies out there who are disliking almost everything, even the most innocuous comment.
 Brass Nipples 17 Apr 2017
In reply to llechwedd:
Snowdonia's voted best view in Uk and featured on one show in last 2 weeks. Trampolining in the mines and zip fires also featured a number of times recently on national TV. Wales year of adventure on TVs also included Snowdon.

Explore the rest of Snowdonia further south or north or east. You might just find you have the place to yourself.
Post edited at 23:51
 GrahamD 18 Apr 2017

> There's a weird tourist paradox where you visit the place that everybody is talking about but are then surprised that everybody is already there...

Same as people are always "stuck in a traffic jam", never "part of a traffic jam"

wercat 19 Apr 2017
In reply to llechwedd:

Could it have been Theresa May's entourage and press club?
 Andy Say 19 Apr 2017
In reply to llechwedd:

The three days before the weekend i was on an ML course in the Moelwyns. Met four people and saw six others in the distance over the whole trip

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...