Mores Hut

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Traveller 12 Apr 2017
Does anyone know if the Mores Hut (CAI) is open at the moment, or if it has a winter room? All the phone numbers I have, including those on the internet, are no longer recognised.

Thanks
 chris bedford 18 Apr 2017
In reply to Traveller:
Was out that way last week - I think the Mores hut is no longer functioning, despite it appearing in lots of UK guiding company itineraries for the Tour du Soleil ski tour. We stayed at the Claudio e Bruno hut (very nice, and better placed for the Blinnenhorn that we traversed en route to the Piansecco hut) but I think the Cita di Busto hut is quite near to the Mores?
OP Traveller 19 Apr 2017
In reply to chris bedford:

Thanks, that's helpful. What were the conditions like last week?
 chris bedford 20 Apr 2017
In reply to Traveller:

Well, if you wanted rippin' descents on powder you'd have been disappointed....but weather was generally excellent and avalanche risk virtually non-existant. Snow a bit crusty in places but lots of nice spring snow, especially once the sun had softened things up a bit. We left the car at Fiesch, bus then taxi up the Binntal. Binntal Hut to Claudio e Bruno to Piansecco (stayed an extra night as it was a bit windy) to Rotondo hut. Ski out to Realp and an hour on the train back to the car! Peaks climbed: Offenhorn, Blinnenhorn, Pizzo Rotondo (fun, like a mini aiguille verte), Leckihorn. Very few folks around but Rotondo was quite busy (it was a Friday). Fantastic tour, 3rd to 8th April.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...