5 Ferry Challenge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Euge 10 Apr 2017
Did this at the weekend and it is great fun...
The first bike ride from Brodick to Lochranza is the most time challenging to get the ferry!!!

http://www.5ferrychallenge.com

Anyone else done it?

Cheers
Euge
 kolkrabe 10 Apr 2017
In reply to Euge:

Great weekend for it weather wise.

I've done it twice, planning on doing it again this summer. Although both times I've done it anticlockwise, it's a great day out.
 wilkesley 10 Apr 2017
In reply to Euge:

Is there a gpx available anywhere? At first glance the stages don't look too challenging in terms of distance. I know the description says "Some very steep climbs", but it would nice to get some more detail e.g. total ascent.
 woppo 10 Apr 2017
In reply to Euge:

did a 3 ferry version last year based on bute - less stress, less mileage but still satisfying
 girlymonkey 10 Apr 2017
In reply to Euge:

We did it a couple of years ago. Easier than I expected, a lovely day out We had sunshine all day, and a tail wind for the last wee stretch from Wemyss bay to Ardrossan
 Lucy Wallace 10 Apr 2017
In reply to Euge:

I live on Arran so do it from home... Less stress for the Lochranza ferry but there's the additional 30km from Wemyss bay to Ardrossan in to a headwind at the end of the day...
 girlymonkey 10 Apr 2017
In reply to Snoweider:

We got a tail wind for that stretch! We realise that was incredible good luck, and loved every minute of it! Lol
 Lucy Wallace 10 Apr 2017
In reply to girlymonkey:

Yes lucky! I thought most mainlanders just hopped on the train at Wemyss Bay! Kudos.
 Nbrain 10 Apr 2017
In reply to wilkesley:

Here is a link to my Strava from last time I did it! https://www.strava.com/activities/707625038
 girlymonkey 10 Apr 2017
In reply to Snoweider:

That would be cheating! No point in half doing a challenge!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...