Rock & Run sales counter

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rog Wilko 30 Mar 2017
In case you were planning to pay a visit to Rock & Run at Sandside, save yourself the journey. They no longer have a sales counter for the public. So sadly their excellent display of guidebooks which you could browse is no longer available. Any ideas where the best place is for that now in the Lakes area?
J1234 30 Mar 2017
In reply to Rog Wilko:

I know a lovely couple South Lakes who have plenty of guidebooks
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Sounds like you want a library rather than a retailer!
 elliptic 30 Mar 2017
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Needlesports have the best guidebook shelf I know of anywhere, full stop.

Otherwise the Climbers shop in Ambleside if you need somewhere in the south Lakes.
J1234 30 Mar 2017
In reply to yesbutnobutyesbut:

> Sounds like you want a library rather than a retailer!

Rog and I disagree fundamentally on many things, which can make for plenty of conversation on the occasions we meet up. However I would say he is the last person who would use a shop as library and that it would be an anathama to him to slyly check a price online and buy it there, whilst using the shop as a showroom. Though I know many would.
OP Rog Wilko 30 Mar 2017
In reply to yesbutnobutyesbut:

I only want to be able to look before I buy, because lots of guidebooks I could buy (or have bought in the past) have been a waste of money because of the lack of routes which I'm capable of climbing. For example, the Rockfax Languedoc & Roussillon. Am I being unreasonable?
OP Rog Wilko 30 Mar 2017
In reply to elliptic:

Thanks. I already had Needle Sports in mind. It's just a bit of a trek from home.
J1234 30 Mar 2017
In reply to Rog Wilko:

I may have the Languedoc guide, I will check tonight.
OP Rog Wilko 30 Mar 2017
In reply to Lenin:

Hi Steve,
No, I already have the Languedoc guide - it was an example of one I thought was a waste of money for me.
Cheers
Rog

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...