Maddy Cope talk at BMC Peak Area Meeting; 5 April, Grindleford

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Team BMC 27 Mar 2017
Come along to our next gathering of Peak District climbers and walkers and get involved in the work of the BMC.

Date: Wednesday 5 April 2017, starting at 7.30pm
Venue: The Maynard, Main Road, Grindleford S32 2HE

BMC area meetings are run by volunteers and are your chance to join in with debate and influence decisions about what happens in your area as well as the rest of the country. The meeting will include a discussion on the motion of ‘no confidence’ in the BMC Executive Committee, which will be voted on at the BMC AGM on 22 April.

Maddy Cope talk
Guest speaker for the evening is Sheffield-based rock climber Maddy Cope. Maddy is a talented all-rounder with a varied CV including hard trad and sport routes, big walls and alpine rock.

All are welcome. The BMC will provide food.
See the BMC Local Areas site for more details of the meeting and to download the latest Peak Area Newsletter: http://community.thebmc.co.uk/Event.aspx?id=3848
In reply to Team BMC: That's very interesting of course, but will there be any butties?

In reply to Frank the Husky:

HELL YEAH!

Not to mention some updates on the inclusion of first ascent information within the forthcoming Peak Limestone South Guidebook...
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

> HELL YEAH!Not to mention some updates on the inclusion of first ascent information within the forthcoming Peak Limestone South Guidebook...

...you mean? Surely not? Good lord!
 slab_happy 05 Apr 2017

But what about chips? Will there be enough chips?
In reply to slab_happy:

I'm really looking forward to Maddy's talk about how she burned Ryan off in the Valley.
In reply to slab_happy:

If there isn't I'll be issuing my own vote of no confidence in both The Maynard and the Chair + Secs abilities

For those who left early, you missed a great talk by Maddy. Interesting and inspiring - the photo of Ryan wearing a crop-top on Freerider can never be unseen though!
 kermit_uk 06 Apr 2017
In reply to Dan Middleton, BMC:

Seconded! I really enjoyed it though the hour drive home meant leaving at 11 so missing whatever was after that. Didn't know anything about her before hand really but really enjoyed the talk!

Hell to the yeah. Maddy smashed it.
 slab_happy 08 Apr 2017

I was very sad that I had to leave early and miss the talk!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...