Elite mountain supplies - BMC discount?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 climbwhenready 26 Mar 2017
Has anyone managed to use a BMC discount code with EMS recently?

They're listed on the BMC site, but the code doesn't work. I was assuming I'd get a hefty discount but if they've discontinued it I'll buy from elsewhere.
 Smythson 26 Mar 2017
In reply to climbwhenready:

In the latest Bmc handbook it says call for a 'five star service', maybe give them a bell and see how you get on?

S
 tom84 26 Mar 2017

its an independant, the margins on climbing stuff especially guidebooks is very little. theres a lot of chatter about good old independent climbing shops going bust and this is why- if the internet isn't undercutting them already then the big chains will with discounts for bmc etc.
In reply to tom84:

I don't think it's unreasonable to look for a discount when the shop has advertised one and I'm not particularly interested in debating that!
 Roberttaylor 27 Mar 2017

I recently tried to use a BMC discount code with an online seller of freeze-dried food (not naming names because there's no need). The code didn't work. I emailed them and within a day they had sorted their system so that it did. Made me wonder how often people actually use the discount codes.

Drop them an email, it's probably a fault with the system.

Robert
 galpinos 27 Mar 2017
In reply to tom84:

> its an independant, the margins on climbing stuff especially guidebooks is very little. theres a lot of chatter about good old independent climbing shops going bust and this is why- if the internet isn't undercutting them already then the big chains will with discounts for bmc etc.

It is an independent and I am sympathetic to the plight of independent climbing shops in the modern economy* but its an internet only business (as far as I'm aware) so there seems to be a little irony in the accusation of "the internet" undercutting an internet only retailer?

*and as such make sure all my online purchases are from independent stores, primarily ones I have visited, liked and want to support.
 Slarti B 27 Mar 2017
Email/Call them and they will tell you how to use your BMC member number as discount code.

I have been buying stuff (mainly ice gear) from them for 3 years or so and always found them very helpful with good service.
Post edited at 12:00
In reply to Roberttaylor:

I gave them a ring and it turns out their system is broken and not accepting any codes. They were very helpful and sorted out the order on the phone.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...