Running shades

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Its the time of year for critters to be active so would someone please recommend some decent running shades which aren't too garish that will stay on my noggin whilst keeping the bugs at bay.

Thanks

Richard
 The New NickB 24 Mar 2017
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

I can't help, even as an every day glasses wearer, I just can't run in shades. I often come in from a run with my neck black from running through clouds of midges and often inhale them, but they never seem to get in my eyes.
 digby 25 Mar 2017

I find these very good, but against driving hail and rain. Never had to contend with insects in the eyes!

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/arenberg-cycling-sunglasses-category-0-clear-id...
 Michael Hood 25 Mar 2017
In reply to digby:
You can get them in yellow (skiing?) and black (sunglasses).

I have a poor record with sunglasses (keep on breaking them) so have a couple of the black ones because they're only £3.99 - can recommend as definitely ok and great VFM.
Post edited at 22:19
 greg_may_ 25 Mar 2017

Never really had issues with bugs in my eyes while running. You must run very fast

I picked up a pair of the cheap Salomon ones on Sportsshoes - work a treat. But find shades hard to run in unless it is seriously bright. Usually only use them when up high in Chamonix etc. Down low, visor.

yorkshireman 26 Mar 2017

I run nearly all the time in shades as I'm in the Alps so sunny snow in winter and strong sun in summer means I've tried a few.

I'm a big fan of the Julbo zebra lenses and being photo chromatic they lighten quickly when running through forest so you don't have to keep taking them off.

https://www.julbo.com/en/16/products/sunglasses/performance/model/venturi_6...

Anti fog which is usually a problem on hills in subzero temps as my own breath can steam and freeze on the lenses but these tend to deal well with that and they're really lightweight but robust. I've worn them for 12 hours straight at a time during ultras and they stay comfortable.

I've got some cheaper Decathlon ones too (you didn't mention budget) but given the choice there's not much contest.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...