REVIEW: Lightwave t10 Raid Tent

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 24 Mar 2017
t10 Raid montage, 3 kbThis one-person mountain tent is lightweight, yet reliable in demanding conditions. With its durable construction it should offer many years of service, reckons Alex Roddie - but it could do with more vents.

Read more
 nutme 27 Mar 2017
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

1.45kg is not that light for 1 person tent..
 TobyA 27 Mar 2017
In reply to nutme:

There can't be many 2 pole tunnels that are lighter can there?
 Luke90 27 Mar 2017
In reply to nutme:

It's not a bad weight for the price if it's as robust as they claim.

They say on their website that they avoid using the lightest fabrics because they think their longevity is too compromised. Maybe it's just an excuse but it sounds reasonable to me.

At the end of the day, how much lighter do you need it to be? You could maybe save, what, half a kilogram?
 Only a hill 27 Mar 2017
In reply to nutme:

You're right, it isn't – but as Luke90 says, it's quite light for what you get. I think you would struggle to find a lighter twin-wall design as stormproof as this. That said, I do pick up on the fact that I'd prefer a lighter tent in the review.

MLD pyramid shelters and Trailstars are lighter, and arguably as wind-resistant, but they're a completely different beast and many backpackers are not ready to make the jump to a floorless shelter.
 Siward 27 Mar 2017
In reply to Only a hill:

My old but very similar lightwave is only 1.3 kg. Mind you that came with fancy carbon poles and would have cost more at rrp. Zr0 I think it was called.
 Ed Weldon 27 Mar 2017

Ive owned one of these tents and its not the longest thing, plus with no end venting i had a real condensation issue.....
 Only a hill 27 Mar 2017
In reply to Ed Weldon:

Yes, I mentioned condensation in the review.
 Andy Johnson 28 Mar 2017

Looks quite high-sided. I'm sceptical about how stable it would be in a strong sideways wind.
 Timmd 28 Mar 2017
In reply to andyjohnson0:

I get the impression that guy lines can help towards making tunnel tents more stable in strong side ways winds.

Hilleberg make some arctic tunnel tents with many guy line points IIRC.
 Only a hill 28 Mar 2017
In reply to andyjohnson0:

It's pretty stable. I had it in 30mph+ gusting crosswinds and it was fine (although I must stress that I was using every pegging point). As Timmd mentions, the guylines really help!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...