Bus Lane piggy banks....any point appealing?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 21 Mar 2017

Hypothetically somebody just got summoned one of these little puppies for being in an unfamiliar town with road-works and temporary road signs all over the place to further confuse the alleged person about where to turn or be, before it was too late and they allegedly ended up in a Bus Lane?

Is there any point trying to appeal?
Post edited at 17:43
 climbwhenready 21 Mar 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

What?
Lusk 21 Mar 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

Appeal!

I undertake into Bus lanes (when they are clear) all the time avoiding right turners. (for example)
If I ever get ticketed, they'll have a fight on their hands.
 trouserburp 21 Mar 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

Never know they might be too busy to process it in the 30 days limit
 mrphilipoldham 21 Mar 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

Always worth appealing if you can find grounds for one.. if I recall from my one and only, the lower rate 'fine' time was frozen until the appeal was approved/rejected.
 balmybaldwin 21 Mar 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

Depends really.... but it does sound like there is an argument that signage was not appropriate or clear. I know Portsmouth and Oxford hav recently featured on watchdog for not having the right signs up for their bus only sections
 Dax H 21 Mar 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

If it was genuinely a mistake I would appeal pointing out all the stuff you mentioned, I appealed a council parking fine because it was a genuine mistake with unclear signage.

On the other hand if you decided to use the bus lane to save time then such it up and pay up.
OP The Lemming 21 Mar 2017
In reply to Dax H:

> If it was genuinely a mistake I would appeal pointing out all the stuff you mentioned,

This person genuinely hypothetically did make a mistake. But hypothetically councils are strapped for cash and see drivers as free money.

Lusk 21 Mar 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

Didn't you have your blue lights on?
We've got the old Blue Badge, so I make a point of parking on double yellow lines wherever I can, even if there's space free elsewhere, just to annoy the local L plate scooter boys.
OP The Lemming 21 Mar 2017
In reply to Lusk:

> Didn't you have your blue lights on?

Sadly this alleged, hypothetical person had no such exemptions.

However claiming such exemptions would make an alleged individual smile too.
abseil 21 Mar 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

Tell them your vehicle is actually a bus, and that rain obviously distorted the view through the camera lens.
Lusk 21 Mar 2017
In reply to abseil:

No, if the Ruskies can hack our electoral systems, it must be child's play to hack the council and photoshop a Taxi plate onto Lemming's vehicle. Case dismissed.
 CasWebb 21 Mar 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

I wandered into a bus lane 20 ft before it ended and got done. No chance of appeal as ignorance of the rules or accidental entry were both listed as unacceptable grounds for appeal, and it was impossible to argue against the video evidence

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...