Dry from Edinburgh tomorrow

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Lloydfletch 18 Mar 2017
Hello all,

Just wondering if people think dunkeld, creag dubh, Aberdeen sea cliffs or glen clova would be dry/worthwhile tomorrow. Been to none of the above after a night of heavy rain so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Heddwyn
 Steve Perry 18 Mar 2017
In reply to Lloydfletch: Creag Dubh's Great wall could be fine https://m.bbc.co.uk/weather/2641542/tomorrow

DaveHK 18 Mar 2017
In reply to Lloydfletch:

The answer to that question is almost always 'The County'.
OP Lloydfletch 18 Mar 2017
In reply to DaveHK:

I know, I know. Was hoping for somewhere different, however after a bit more forecast evaluation no prizes for guessing as to where we're headed tomorrow.

CurlyStevo 19 Mar 2017
In reply to Lloydfletch:
The fastest drying local crag is hawkcraig. It dries very quickly normally.

clova and dunked can suffer from seepage but aren't too bad either. I suspect Creag dubh is a little worse. Aberdeen sea cliffs cover quite a large area so will vary

Sandstone can be a bit slow drying at this time of year and shouldn't be climbed on damp as it's much more easily damaged.
Post edited at 02:17
 Mark Savage 19 Mar 2017
In reply to DaveHK:

It rained all day and all night in Northumberland.
OP Lloydfletch 19 Mar 2017
In reply to CurlyStevo:

Some of is, but some parts dry quickly. We'd hoped that with 35mph wind and a forecast dry day it would be fine. However when at our breakfast stop at Berwick morrisons there was a deluge. Turned round and went to ratho.
 CurlyStevo 20 Mar 2017
In reply to Lloydfletch:
Bowden is perhaps the fastest drying crag but in early spring I've even found most of that has remained damp for a good part of the day in the past.
Post edited at 06:34

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...