DIGITAL FEATURE: Marmot Photography Awards 2016

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 13 Mar 2017
Marmot Photo Awards 2016, 2 kbUKClimbing and UKHillwalking are proud to announce the winners of the 2016 Marmot Photography Awards.An automatic selection of five photos from each of the catagories on site was made based on the votes from the previous 12 months. Users were then asked to vote for the overall winners of each...Read more
 fuzzysheep01 13 Mar 2017
In reply to UKC Articles:

Some absolute belters, thanks for that. Might just be me and my technical incompetence, but the full-screen/blown-up versions of each photo have the bottom cut off - particularly noticeable on page 5, for example. Also, it seems to be missing the full-page version of the 3rd place photo (of the ice climber). Using Chrome if that's of any relevance.
 greg_may_ 13 Mar 2017
In reply to fuzzysheep01:

Not just you, FS images are cut on my screen too.
 Sean Kelly 13 Mar 2017
I absolutely have no problems with any of the winners. They are without exception all first class stunning images. Well done for allowing a higher resolution so the full quality is readily apparent. It was very useful having a commentary about each of the images as its helps our understanding of what and how the image was conceived. And well done to all the winners, and not forgetting the judges who have chosen so well.finally, I really enjoyed seeing all these beautiful images.
Post edited at 22:02
 James Rushforth Global Crag Moderator 15 Mar 2017

Just to reiterate what I said on Facebook congratulations to everyone that took part, some stunning images. Thanks very much to UKC for hosting the competition, Marmot for sponsoring and Tim Glasby for judging. I think the gallery and the active voting system is one of UKC's big advantages over other climbing sites. I constantly find myself noting down photogenic climbs and viewpoints that other users have shared.
Removed User 15 Mar 2017

Hi all

I enjoyed seeing all the fantastic shots this year.I was flattered to find my picture of Aurora in Assynt used to advertise the competition and even happier to see it had the most votes in the Landscape category as you can still see on the competition gallery page at the close of play(and indeed all the way through voting) yet it didn't win the category.Why??
I'm perplexed about this one as it had 96 votes at the end and the announced winning shot had 84.

Craig
 john1963 15 Mar 2017
In reply to Removed Usercraig123:

Its not the number of votes that counts. The other photographs may of had less votes but more fives than yours.
Hope this helps.
Removed User 15 Mar 2017
In reply to john1963:

Aye,Cheers John.Of course i would prefer it if it was based on number of votes instead as i will have to save up for a sleeping bag now.Nevermind

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...