Wide and warm sleeping bag?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Flinticus 12 Mar 2017
I sleep cold, move a lot and am a side sleeper.

Looking to see about getting a 5 season bag that doesn't feel like being intimate with a boa constrictor.

I am 5'8" and 10.5 st; manufacturers must made models for people bigger than me.

Any brands etc recommended that will give me the room to twist & turn?
 OwenM 12 Mar 2017
In reply to Flinticus:

Rab Ascent bags are wide.
 RhysRolfe 12 Mar 2017
In reply to Flinticus:

PHD sleeping bags are available in different widths, quite expensive but pretty much as good as it gets in sleeping bags.
 AlanLittle 12 Mar 2017
In reply to RhysRolfe:

Western Mountaineering also make top notch sleeping bags in wide fits for wide Americans
 top cat 12 Mar 2017
In reply to Flinticus:

Mountain hardware bags are broad, at least my ghost, banshee and spectre are. Maybe not all models?
 arch 12 Mar 2017
In reply to Flinticus:

I had a Rab Quantum 600. I also bought a extender panel to fit the bag. The bag on its own was very snug (I'm 6'3" and 18.5 st) With the extender I could move about a bit. I tended to start the night with the extender fitted, but got cold, so would remove it and just use the bag without the extender. More room=more space to warm up. Never did find the happy medium.

In the end I bought an Exped downmat and used the extender. The mat made all the difference for me.
More_Than_a_Plod 12 Mar 2017
In reply to arch:
Just bought the Arctic dream 1200 from Alpkit. 1200g 750 fill power. Comfort rated to -23. Weighs in at about 1700g nice and roomy and I'm 6'. 90kg. Have a look at the Alpkit site. It's lovely and warm!
Plus with an exped downmat it feels super comfy.
Size wise from their website. "Optimum: 5ft11 tall or you have a shoulder circumference of around 128 cm. At this size you are the ideal candidate for this bag. You should be able to easily arrange yourself in the bag, and still have the space to wear an additional down jacket if necessary."
Post edited at 20:04

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...