La Sportiva trainers falling to bits...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Oogachooga 08 Mar 2017
La Sportiva Scratch trainers.

For starters, EU 43UK size 9, they make my toes numb, more like 8-8.5. Problem is, it takes a session wearing them to realise this.

Loose thread ends appearing along with a piece of fabric on the tongue starting to peel. Not good for 4 hours wearing them in. RRP £95, paid less but not the point.

Question is, online retailer may play hard ball because they are not in original packaging, do I claim through PayPal in this case? What would you do?

Oh yeah...made in China
 nufkin 09 Mar 2017
In reply to Oogachooga:

Buying the wrong size isn't really Sportiva's fault. You might have a case against the retailer if you asked them for advice and they said it was fine.
Poor finishing is Sportiva's fault, by way of the retailer, if it's not caused through reasonable use. If I remember rightly, within the first six months of purchase the onus is on the seller to show goods are of acceptable standard - after six months responsibility shifts to the buyer to show damage is unreasonable.
It's a bit tricky with shoes - rubber wears out, and it's not the seller's fault if, say, the buyer shuffles around dragging their heels. Glue coming unstuck or stitching coming undone is more clear-cut, however.
Not having the packaging in a case of faulty goods is immaterial
 johncook 09 Mar 2017
In reply to Oogachooga:

Are they genuine Sportiva. I always have doubts with on-line retailers. Are they a long established and well known retailer. Fakes are becoming more common, and if products are cheap that is usually a sign.
Vector686 09 Mar 2017
In reply to Oogachooga:

Get new pair
Removed User 09 Mar 2017
In reply to Vector686:
....do I claim through PayPal in this case? What would you do?
|
I think Paypal does do some form of taking the money back from them >but i am not 100% sure of what that amounts to, ask them
This explains the direct debit scheme

https://gocardless.com/direct-debit/guarantee/
Post edited at 14:44
OP Oogachooga 10 Mar 2017
Cheers guys, have started a PayPal dispute as https://www.alpinetrek.co.uk/ don't really want to know without the packaging. As one of you have said, that's not important as they are not fit for purpose and will not be resold.

Will claim, as I really have had enough of buying into a decent brand and the quality is substandard.

I guess you'll all have to take my word on the fitting part, never had an issue with UK size 9 before. These are definitely 8.5 or smaller.
OP Oogachooga 21 Apr 2017
Update on this:

I sent the shoes back at the beginning of March. Bergfreunde paid for returns which is a bonus.

Paypal dispute raised to a claim, this fell through and I 'lost' the dispute, with Bergfeunde or La Sportuva having the trainers.

Still waiting on refund or returns...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...