Emergency Phone - Talkase T1S

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 martinturner 03 Mar 2017
Did a quick search and don't think anyone's mentioned this before...

SO!

Came across this nifty little thing, while making great use of work time:

https://www.tesco.com/direct/worlds-smallest-phone-fits-into-your-wallet-li...

It's a credit card sized phone, only about 6mm thick, and no gimmicky rubbish to worry about. When it's turned off, apparently the battery can last up to 6 months. With only a relatively small cost of £35!

First thing I thought of was just turning it off and throwing it in the pack for emergencies?

I know a lot of us have the all singing all dancing smart phones. But let's be honest, the batteries last about 20minutes after a quick scan through the news in the morning, let alone a full weekend out and about. That's not including the inevitable screen smashes and touch screens not working with numb cold fingers.

I know a lot of people will think it's unnessesary, but hey, might come in handy for someone
 wintertree 03 Mar 2017
In reply to martinturner:

Looks neat.

A minute's googling didn't find the battery specifications, but I expect it's lithium ion which will probably crap out spectacularly when cold - particularly if it's stored in a bag and not a pocket on a warm body,
 JayPee630 03 Mar 2017
In reply to wintertree:

Says lithium ion on the specs page on the Tesco link above. Still, nice little neat phone!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...