Trek Madone 5.2 BB90 v2

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Martin from Devon 02 Mar 2017
I know this has spoken about before, but I done less then 1k miles with a v2 BB90 and now this has failed.
As Trek would not offer the replacement under warranty last time what are my chances this time and what damage will this cause to my bike?
 gethin_allen 03 Mar 2017
In reply to Martin from Devon:

I don't know about bb90 exactly but I saw recently a bb that was two press fit cups that thread together to rescue the dreaded creaking bb. I can't find the details at this moment because it's midnight and I've just got back from the pub but I'll try and remember tomorrow.
 gethin_allen 03 Mar 2017
In reply to Martin from Devon:

It's called the enduro TorqTite.
In theory, as long as you use the correct tools, you should be able to tap out and press in new bearings a few times without damaging the frame but, if you are having issues then it could be worth trying one of these. Chris King do a similar product but they are probably about £400 or something ridiculous as most Chris King things are.
 nniff 03 Mar 2017
In reply to gethin_allen:

> Chris King do a similar product but they are probably about £400 or something ridiculous as most Chris King things are.

Indeed, but you do only buy once. And that Chris King vzzzzzzzzzz from the rear hub is a wonderful noise, especially when the person you are drafting is busting a gut.

If you have the correct tools you should be able to press the bearing out numerous times. If you bodge it, then you're less likely to be able to do that - straight in and straight out. Has the bearing failed or is it just creaking? My BB30 bike was creaking (second ever BB) and then it shut up again.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...