Sleeping Bag Cleaning - Leeds?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 afx22 27 Feb 2017
Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a sleeping bag cleaning service in the Leeds area?

I'm aware of Classic Clean at Harrogate but I'm looking for somewhere nearer, so I can drop it off and collect it after work.

Thanks in advance.
 shuffle 01 Mar 2017
In reply to afx22:

I've not used them myself, but I bookmarked this place in Otley a while ago after seeing them recommended somewhere

http://www.chevinwash.co.uk/Laundry.htm
 ben b 01 Mar 2017
In reply to afx22:

Used to use WE Franklin in Sheffield (not Leeds...) or Elite in Rotherham (also not Leeds). Neither are much use to you potentially, but at least someone replied

b
 Simon Caldwell 01 Mar 2017
In reply to ben b:

Franklins shut down a few years ago
OP afx22 01 Mar 2017
In reply to shuffle:

I think I'll give them a go. I'm regularly out at Caley, so the logistics will work nicely. Thanks for the suggestion.
OP afx22 01 Mar 2017
In reply to ben b:

Thanks for the suggestion. The one at Sheffield would have been an option as I could have tied it in with trips to the Peak.

There's never an excuse to go the Rotherham though
In reply to shuffle:

hmm interesting they are about half the price of everyone else. Anyone used them?
 Denzil 22 Mar 2017
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

> Franklins shut down a few years ago

Elite at Rotherham bought their equipment - and seem to do as good a job as Franklins.
 PaulTanton 22 Mar 2017
In reply to afx22:
Rotherham is kinda on the way. I had my bag cleaned at Franklins in Sheffield. They were recommended by Rab.
I'd be a tad cautious about using a high street cleaners. Down needs to be cleaned with care otherwise it gets messy.
My bag had lost the loft on the hood and shoulders but Franklins got it back. It's like a new bag. How can they close????

OP afx22 24 Mar 2017
In reply to afx22:

In the end, I had the bag cleaned by Chevin View Laundry at Otley and I have to say I'm really pleased with the job they did. I'd definitely recommend them.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...