Improve your climbing in Provence this May

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Adrian Berry Global Crag Moderator 14 Feb 2017
premier post photo
Looking to improve your climbing?

This May Adrian Berry and Gaz Parry are running an all-inclusive climbing coaching holiday based in Buis-les-baronnies, Provence, France.

This coaching holiday will combine at-the-crag presentations and demonstrations with one-to-one coaching, plus evening video presentations and end of week written reports.

The Provence Workshop is designed to offer you new skills and create an atmosphere where you are encouraged to push yourself and learn more about yourself and your climbing in a positive and supportive environment.

Who's it for?

This trip is suitable for anyone who sport climbs and wants to improve. We recommend you are leading at French grade 5 or above on rock and need you to be keen to push that.

Climbing partnerships and individuals are all very welcome. The most important thing is that you are motivated to improve, like to be pushed, and are willing to push yourself.

How it works

Each climbing day we get an early start and head out to one of the many climbing areas a short drive away. At the crag there will be one or more presentations, and where appropriate, demonstrations will be made.

Back home at Alauzon (see http://www.alauzon.com/en/home/) , you will have time for a dip in the pool before food is served - then it's straight into the evening presentation. Wednesday is a rest day - maybe hire a bike and get a bit of 'active rest' on the mountain bike route that circles the property, or just soak up the sun next to the pool. At the end of the week you will be presented with a coach's report, and you will have the opportunity to discuss the points made.

Guaranteed 1:1 with the coaches

All clients will be offered a full day's exclusive 1:1 climbing with one of the coaches. 1:1 coach sessions wil be scheduled at the start of the week so everyone knows when they might need to find another partner for the day.

Feedbackfrom our 2016 Provence Workshop

"Thank you for a truly amazing time on the Positive Climbing week at your beautiful home in Provence. I must admit that I thought the week might have been beyond my capabilities due to my inexperience and age, but you and Gaz quickly put me at ease and allayed those lurking fears. As did the other members on the course. You and Gaz are a superb team/duo - encouraging, positive, amusing and funny. Perfect!"

"I had a great week and learned a ton. I'll probably book into either your Kalymnos trip or the other Font one. The evening presentations were excellent - I found the ones on the mental side of climbing most helpful. I really liked the continuity of doing them after a day on the rock, because everyone was in a focused place to reflect and absorb the information and relate it back to their climbing that day. I really appreciated the time 1on1 with you or Gaz, so I would continue doing those days like that."

"Feeling a lot more motivated now so thats good. Hopefully will book up another trip soon!"

"Interesting for me was to see how much the fear of falling could hold back people in their climbing even after the fall practice, I know that I was the same three years ago and I’m really happy that with your help I managed to change this behavior. For myself I now have the feeling that 7a is feasible and I want to try to redpoint as much as possible within this year." a couple of weeks later: "On Saturday I redpointed my 7a project in Malaucène. In the end it did not even feel as if I was climbing at my limit. So again many thanks for coaching me and helping me to find the right attitude to get my first 7a done. Hope to get some more done within this year."

"A great week which I’ll remember for a long time. Hopefully I’ll make it back again one of these days."

"Many thanks for the helpful and encouraging feedback. I feel that the coaching that you and Gaz provided last week has really helped me get the right mindset for sport climbing. It's difficult to find fault with any aspects of the course. The coaching was excellent from both of you. The crags that we went to just right for our level, and I appreciated having the video of me climbing. Once again thanks for an excellent week of climbing."

"Thanks for the feedback and also for an excellent week. It's certainly given me the "kick" I needed!"

£750. Price includes five days coaching, transport from Avignon TGV, all meals and accommodation, it does not cover the cost of getting to Avignon.

Visit http://positiveclimbing.com/climbing_coaching_holidays/provence_france_clim... for further information and online booking. Last few places available.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...