REVIEW: Outdoor Research Stormtracker Heated Gloves

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 05 Feb 2017
Stormtracker gloves montage, 4 kbHandwear with central heating sounds great, but does the technology meet the needs of climbers and hillwalkers? Dan Bailey can't decide whether he's turned on by it, or left cold.

Read more
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

I suspect the batteries would last longer (as they'd stay warmer) and the gloves would weigh a lot less if they were powered by a battery pack around your torso. The cord could run inside the arms of your jacket but it'd still be a bit faffy.
 wbo 06 Feb 2017
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear: Is a five hour lifespan really a showstopper? While it would obviously be better to be longer, most people have multiple gloves anyway.

fred99 06 Feb 2017
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

Also with the batteries on the inside of the wrists, it means that when climbing, this extra thickness might well be a faff relative to the axes, and also means that the batteries will be brought into close proximity with the snow/ice/running water - which would further reduce battery life.
 d_b 06 Feb 2017
In reply to fred99:

I would be more worried about the gloves getting trashed after their second route and leaving me with yet another useless battery pack.

An option to buy just the gloves without the batteries and wall wart is essential.
 wbo 06 Feb 2017
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:
From a further quick loo k,is the conjectural for the battery pack the same size as things like the magicshine bike lights. Extent the cable and keep the batteristrøm by the torso as suggested above?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...