cairngorms camping

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andypeak 27 Jan 2017
Can anyone suggest a decent campsite in or around Aviemore for Easter Weekend. Just want very basic, ideally near a pub. Tried the Glenmore one but they want to change me nearly £100 for 2 nights!?
 r1ch79 27 Jan 2017
In reply to Andypeak:

find said pub and phone them and ask if they have any grounds you can camp in so you can spend your money on their fine amber without any undue faffing.....
In reply to Andypeak:

£100 to camp for 2 nights Seriously How big is your tent!?
 JazG 27 Jan 2017
In reply to stevieweesaxs107:

Camping in the forest = robbing dogs! That's why we stopped using them.
Try Rothiemurchas, closer to Aviemore, 20min walk in or can go to the bar at the Hilton which is pretty much across the road. Open all year'
OP Andypeak 27 Jan 2017
In reply to stevieweesaxs107:

2 man. They insist we pay for 3 nights as its bank holiday. As for why its so expensive even for 3 nights I have no idea, I appreciate you pay a premium for staying over BH but nearly £100 is a bit ridiculous. I looked at staying there for 2 nights in march and it was just over £10.
 Dave the Rave 27 Jan 2017
In reply to Andypeak:

There's a car park opposite the Bridge Inn by the river. Small tent camping is tolerated there. No facilities whatsoever.
Either crap in a bag or by the pub. The food is excellent as is the beer.
OP Andypeak 27 Jan 2017
In reply to Dave the Rave:

Would do me fine but a bit too basic for the Mrs
OP Andypeak 27 Jan 2017
In reply to JazG:

Have e-mailed them. Looks pretty nice
 lpretro1 06 Feb 2017
In reply to Andypeak:

Bit further away but reasonable site http://www.newtonmore.com/places-to-stay/cc/spey-bridge.html
 tspoon1981 06 Feb 2017
In reply to Andypeak:

Try Inschriach house. I haven't camped, but they have permitted campers there in the past. If you do fancy upgrading, they have some fantastic fantastic bothies and converted vans to stay in. Also, the potting she'd next door make amazing cakes.

http://www.inshriachhouse.com/camping-in-style/

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...