Climber van for sale!!! LWB Ford Transit

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
TiaTracey 26 Jan 2017
premier post photo
Selling one very much loved LWB high-top Ford Transit conversion (I will probably cry when it goes!), as I'm heading off round the world and not sure when I'll be back. Looking for a quick sale, £2,700 ono.

It's DVLA registered as a motorhome, and as a 2004 registration it also meets London Emissions Zone requirements. 100,000 miles on the clock (just tipped over on the way back from Spain last week), and the engine is in great condition. I just got it MOT'd before the last trip so it will run until the end of Nov 2017.

Great size for living in, with plenty of storage. Living area includes fixed chair (storage underneath) and pull-out table. Plenty cupboard space under the cooker / sideboard. Bed is a full-sized double with sprung mattress that you'd find on a bed - a bit of a luxury when van-dwelling. Again, lots of storage space underneath the bed, and an additional storage cupboard above it also (maximising use of space whilst still being able to sit up in bed). Being a high-top there's also more storage space above the cab. Gas cooker is a twin burner plus grill. (Note that I took out the small basin in the photo - decided I preferred the extra floor space, but would be simple enough to put one back in.)

Note that it's not fully insulated - it's 3/4 ply-lined with some insulation down the back but not sealed - ceiling is felt-lined so you don't get condensation in the winter. I never had any problems with it getting too hot in the Spanish summer; in the winter I used a gas fire which keeps it nice and toasty (and which I can chuck in with the sale - oh, and a carbon monoxide detector which is useful if you're running an open gas fire! Also happy to throw in a few other bits and pieces like fold-up table for outdoor use, crockery etc. if you need such things, so it can be pretty much good to go.).

Also note that it doesn't have a leisure battery installed - it did have a spare battery but I never bothered using it as I didn't need it (so I assume it's now dead, although still there...). The LED lights installed in the living area run off the main battery, and I use a solar trickle-charger (also comes with the van!) to top up the battery via the cigarette lighter. I always had enough power to charge phone, iPad, as well, even when parked up for a few weeks at a time - if you're a particularly heavy electronics user you might want to upgrade the system but for basic use it works fine.

Body-work wise it's in fairly good nick - a few scratches and bumps and bruises as you might expect with a van of its age but nothing of note. I quite like that it's got one of those big metal steps at the back so if you accidentally reverse into a tree you won't even scrape your bumper... what else? Stereo is good old-fashioned cassette player which is actually handier than a CD player as you can stick one of those conversion tapes in and plug your mp3 player through it...

Any questions, please email me: tiatracey@yahoo.co.uk , I can also send more photos.

Van is currently residing in London, parked a 2 minute walk from the Castle climbing centre, if you want to come and visit.
 John Aisthorpe 31 Jan 2017
In reply to TiaTracey:

sent you an email.

can you send me more pics? John.aisthorpe@gmail.com
 Tomásín 31 Jan 2017
In reply to TiaTracey:

Hi there.
Could you send me some photos to todrapids@gmail.com

Thank you
In reply to TiaTracey:

Hi, I've also sent an email hoping for some photos

Thanks
 Holly R 17 Feb 2017
In reply to TiaTracey:

Can I ask for more photos too please?

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...