X-Bionic clothing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jay.mac 19 Jan 2017
I have come across X-bionic range of clothing and am considering buying a pair of 3/4 tights for ski touring/running. Has anyone had any experience with the brand?
''Marathon runners consume up to 97% of their energy to cool themselves, scientists have found.''
While I am unconvinced to say the least with some of the claims, I would like to think the quality would be excellent? I am particularly interested in how it would compare to merino wool with odour management on multi-day tours?
 zimpara 19 Jan 2017
In reply to jay.mac:

I have their Beanie, https://www.alpinetrek.co.uk/x-bionic-soma-cap-light-beanie/

It feels quite funny. It is almost like fat poofy knitted polyester. Very light though!
But I like it. And yes, the quality is excellent. Bit pricy though.
 InSituJames 19 Jan 2017
In reply to jay.mac:

I have some of the 3/4 tights which I use for skiing under Paramo salopettes - very happy user. If moving/working hard in them they keep you nice and cool, dries fast which is nice.

Got a long sleeve winter weight top too. Price-wise not that bad when compared to merino (maybe not so good against a standard tech tee...) but performs so much better. Definitely my go-to next-to-skin layer for everything winter.

I have no idea about running as I don't...

If I was looking for more next to skin layers and I could try some on I wouldn't hesitate.

youtube.com/watch?v=pGQgtrXbrp8& If you can stand the drama and intensity of American television that's not a bad go at explaining how it works.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...