12 Types of People You'll Meet in Bothies

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKH Articles 18 Jan 2017
Swedish kayakers, not too disappointed by Uags, 3 kbBothies would be great if not for the other people you have to share them with. At the risk of insulting practically everyone, John Burns identifies the main types of bothy goer.

Read more
 Marty_JG 19 Jan 2017
In reply to UKH Articles:

Best article I've ever read, even though I'm #13 "the wildcamper" and would pitch next to a boothy and shiver in a tent over what is basically a network of miniature latrines rather than get warm and dry in what is little more than a "stone tent".
 Sean Kelly 19 Jan 2017

I guess I'm a 'Vet'!
Removed User 19 Jan 2017

I'll have to reconsider my zeitgeist but right now I'm thinking I'm a combination of HGV, The Bothy Ticker and The Veteran.
cb294 23 Jan 2017

Yes!

CB, continental vet
 skog 23 Jan 2017

Brilliant!

I fear that I, too, am some kind of hideous chimera of HGV, Vet, and Ticker.
 Blake 23 Jan 2017

Great article.. bare grills HAH

thanks
 niche 24 Jan 2017

This article smacks of a "little Englander" attitude. I would suggest this has no place in any field of the great outdoors particularly in Scotland where of course most of the bothies are. Perhaps another category of bothy user is required here: Superior misfit!
 full stottie 07 Feb 2017

An excellent read.

Although its years since I bothied, the types ring of authenticity. I now live in a post-bothy world, and whilst its soft, comfortable and warm and convenient and easy on the ageing toilet requirements, it lacks that "dinnaekenwhat" of raw experience and freedom. There's still nostalgia for comfort though.

Dave
 musselmaid 10 Feb 2017

No mention of THE SEXIST or have they all become extinct in the wild? Admittedly over 40 years since I shared room with one but thought them to be indestructible
> Bothies would be great if not for the other people you have to share them with. At the risk of insulting practically everyone, John Burns identifies the main types of bothy goer. Read more
 Fat Bumbly2 14 Feb 2017
What about The User, who just exploits what is to them a free resource without much care for its sustainability - see the forthcoming book. This tribe is easily avoided by attending a work party.
 BelleVedere 08 Mar 2017
In reply to musselmaid:

they are of course still alive and well....

"awight babe"

<rolls eyes and makes plans for a dull night of being on the receiving end of sexist comments>

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...