Scarpa Zodiac GTX shoes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Gone for good 14 Jan 2017
My guide tennies are due for retirement and I like the look of the Zodiac GTX but are they worth the extra cost?
Ive seen them selling for £150 at a certain outdoor shop.
 LucaC 14 Jan 2017
In reply to Gone for good:

I have the regular non gotetex zodiacs, and they are great shoes. Much better for the standard UK muddy path approaches than the dotted rubber on the tennies.
 JonoDHawkins 14 Jan 2017

I found the heel was a bit too low for me and my foot would slip out, but this is probably more an issue of my anatomy than the shoes themselves, just worth being aware of if this is an issue you've experience with other shoes. Otherwise they seem like great shoes and well made!
 thlcr1 15 Jan 2017

I've got guide tennies and standard zodiacs. Think they are very different shoes. The zodiacs are much more robust and have a better sole for walking on rough ground and are probably better for a lot of scrambling. However the vibram sole just dosen't have the grip of the stealth sticky dot soles. Also the zodiacs are so much stiffer they just ain't so good for smearing. I find the guide tennies are actually quite good for easy slab climbs, the zodiacs not so much.

Lee

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...