MIC trainee offering days out

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 nawface 10 Jan 2017
Hi

I am an MIC trainee looking for people to take out in preparation for my assessment later this season. I am based on the West Coast so would prefer this to happen around here unless the weather dictates otherwise.

Happy to cover a range of needs e.g, guiding, intro to winter climbing, leading etc. This instruction/tuition would be free but please be aware that I've not yet passed my assessment. If you want a fully qualified MIC then you need to look here,

http://www.mountain-training.org/associations/ami/find-an-instructor

I am currently free most dates between now and late Feb.

MIC Trainee - As an MIC trainee I do not , as yet, hold the Mountaineering instructor Certificate which is the recognised training qualification for the instruction of scrambling and multi-pitch rock climbing in the UK. I've undergone the training course, but training for an award does not constitute a qualification.

Insurance - I do not hold insurance that allows me to receive payment or benefits in kind for instruction, but as a volunteer with membership of a mountaineering council of the UK or Eire I am insured for third party liability. These topics will need to be discussed in detail and agreed before an activity is conducted.

Cheers

OP nawface 10 Jan 2017
In reply to nawface:

To answer some replies I'm based in the Fort William area.

Cheers!
In reply to nawface:

When is the next time you are free? - Give me a shout if you fancy getting out for some winter climbing.

Thanks,

Harrison
 clp123 11 Jan 2017
In reply to nawface:

Hi,
I have some experience of winter climbing and have lead up to grade 111 in the past. I would consider myself a very competent mountaineer leading VS on rock and Alpine routes to D.

> Hi

> I am an MIC trainee looking for people to take out in preparation for my assessment later this season. I am based on the West Coast so would prefer this to happen around here unless the weather dictates otherwise.

> Happy to cover a range of needs e.g, guiding, intro to winter climbing, leading etc. This instruction/tuition would be free but please be aware that I've not yet passed my assessment. If you want a fully qualified MIC then you need to look here,

> I am currently free most dates between now and late Feb.

> MIC Trainee - As an MIC trainee I do not , as yet, hold the Mountaineering instructor Certificate which is the recognised training qualification for the instruction of scrambling and multi-pitch rock climbing in the UK. I've undergone the training course, but training for an award does not constitute a qualification.

> Insurance - I do not hold insurance that allows me to receive payment or benefits in kind for instruction, but as a volunteer with membership of a mountaineering council of the UK or Eire I am insured for third party liability. These topics will need to be discussed in detail and agreed before an activity is conducted.

> Cheers

GaborS 11 Jan 2017
In reply to nawface:

I've just sent you a message.

Gab
 gwared 12 Jan 2017
In reply to nawface:

Hi, I'm Glasgow based and flexible with days, especially end of Feb into March. Looking for some guidance on winter leading. Will send you a PM.

Cheers
 JFT 13 Jan 2017
In reply to nawface:

messaged
 John Aisthorpe 19 Jan 2017
In reply to nawface:

Sent you an email.

John
 BAdhoc 19 Jan 2017
In reply to nawface:

Hey! I'm going to be in fort William from the 25th of February, keen to get out + Help you out learning to teach.

I'll send you a PM
- Becky
OP nawface 19 Jan 2017
In reply to nawface:

Currently got two days on the 1st and 2nd of Feb I'd like to fill.

Cheers
r.lauder 23 Jan 2017
In reply to nawface:

Hi,
I am going to be based in FW from sun 29th Jan to sat 11th Feb - could you do any of those dates? I have led (easy) II, seconded IV.
Cheers,
R

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...