Recommendation for boot fitter/ski touring shop in Glasgow?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tricadam 06 Jan 2017
I live in Glasgow and have got some recently acquired second hand touring kit that needs a bit of work. The first is that I think I need the length of one of the pins on some second hand Vipecs (second generation) adjusted. Secondly I've got some second hand TLT5s. Looking to get the inners re-baked, plus some footbeds (either custom or some sort of standard issue - advice appreciated!) Hopefully no need for shell modification, but if so, any thoughts as to who'd be good? Thirdly, have some Dynafit skins which I'd like to get the front attachment changed on to something generic so they can work on Movement skis of the same length, as well as on the Dynafit skis. Thanks for any help/advice!
 Kimberley 06 Jan 2017
In reply to Tricadam:

Not Glasgow but Alain Baxter in Stirling is recommended

http://www.alainbaxter.co.uk/boots.html
OP Tricadam 06 Jan 2017
In reply to Kimberley:

Thanks Kimberley. Have indeed heard he's good.

If no recommendations for decent ski touring shops in Glasgow, how about Edinburgh?
paraffin 06 Jan 2017
In reply to Tricadam:
Advice on fixing skins.
Why pay £40+ for fancy proprietary fixings?
Make some tip loops from wire or tape, fold over skins & sew together with fishing line.
Although I do rate the BD tail fixings. BD tip & tail fixings have 16 separate components per ski - well what could possibly go wrong?
Is that why in Glasgow no one buys Dynafit - cos it Dinnae fit?
Sorry, I'll get ma jerkin.
Good luck with the bindings - sounds finicky.
Post edited at 19:47
 Fiona Reid 06 Jan 2017
In reply to Tricadam:

Aviemore is probably the place in Scotland for ski touring shops... but Freeze in Edinburgh did a really great job fitting touring bindings for me last season. Looking at their webpage they don't stock the vipec so might not have the jigs/ tools etc for making adjustments. Certainly no harm in asking them though.

Both Blues (usually in the big Tiso stores) and Craigdon Mountain Sports seem to stock vipecs so might be a better bet if specific tools etc are needed.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...