Advanced Medical Kits Emergency Bivvy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 houghta 04 Jan 2017
hi there,
i am considering purchasing an Advanced Medical Kits Emergency Bivvy to carry while out walking and mountain biking and i am interested in everyones opinion on these and possible alternatives, i have found them retailing at around £16

cheers,
In reply to houghta:

Personally I think a KISU/Group Shelter is a better option and gives loads more flexibility. It's never out of my bag for both walking and biking, even in summer.
 jonnie3430 04 Jan 2017
In reply to houghta:

Three alternatives that I can think of are the blizzard bag, which has insulation so is warmer and packs small, your standard orange bivvy bag, which is a third of the price and you don't feel so guilty bumsliding down snow on it. And finally a normal bothy bag, which would be warmer and useful on more occasions if there is more than one of you?

I have all three, I'd carry the blizzard bag over the orange bivvy as an emergency backup as it's warmer if I had to use it, but normally am out with more than me, so make sure there is a bothy bag with us, if there's a risk that needs it.
 Mal Grey 04 Jan 2017
In reply to houghta:

I have one, and its so small it goes in my first aid kit. I then have an appropriate sized bothy bag with me depending if I'm with a small or larger group. The combination of Emergency bivvy and the smaller 2 person bothy are actually lighter than an old Karrimor survival bag.

I've actually used it once, though only underneath me when I forgot my mat, and it was surprisingly warm.

pol 04 Jan 2017
In reply to houghta:

About the lightest survival bag you can buy and very popular for the mandatory kit lists for SLMM, OMM type events where some people weigh every gram even cutting labels off clothes.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...