Womens La Sportiva Miura VS

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Climbandwine 04 Jan 2017
Hi,

I bought these shoes 6 months ago (see below) and the rubber on the toes is already peeling off. They have been used about twice a week for both indoor and outdoor climbing. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience with these after such a short period?

http://www.outdoorgearlab.com/Climbing-Shoes-Womens-Reviews/La-Sportiva-Miu...

Thanks,

J
 db79 04 Jan 2017
In reply to Climbandwine:

It's happened to my last 3 pairs of Miuras. The resoles from Llanberis have lasted far longer.

Other people have had issues too...

http://www.ukhillwalking.com/forums/t.php?t=623789&v=1#x8144091
 zv 04 Jan 2017

Mine lasted about 7, maybe 8 months.

I always thought that's just one of the disadvantages of having super sticky rubber (XS vibram Grip 2).

For the past two years I have used the Scarpa Instincts VS with XS edge which have a long break in period (they felt very hard and stiff to begin with) but then feel amazing and have been lasting a lot longer.

Db79, out of curiosity, did Llanberis resole resoled yours with XS Vibram Grim 2?
 db79 04 Jan 2017
In reply to zmv:

I think it's XS Edge they were resoled with, but I wouldn't swear to it. I'd happily buy a different brand of shoe, but the Miura's fit better than anything else I've tried.
 Bones [:B 04 Jan 2017

I bought a pair a year ago and the rubber started peeling off within a month. I thought I had taken too long to take them back as la Sportiva said it was wear and foot drag and said they wouldn't do anything.

I bought a second pair and the same thing happened after even less wear. Again I sent them back through the shop I bought them from. This time I sent them as soon as they started to peel but I got the same response from la Sportiva. Too much wear and foot drag.

I tried to contact them directly but they didn't respond to anything. It has been pretty frustrating as like other people in this thread they are the only shoes that fit me well but it is working out to be pretty expensive. The velcro has also come off on two pairs. I have had plenty of other shoes and been climbing for years and these are the ONLY ones I have had a problem with so it is fairly obvious that they have an issue with the design/quality of the Miura VS.

Ignoring customers and an obvious problem with their product is bad service from la Sportiva. I'd refuse to buy from them except they fit so well and do awesome mountain boots.
OP Climbandwine 04 Jan 2017
Thank you for your helpful responses.

I do agree that these shoes are such a great fit and are fantastic to climb in - it's a shame they may not last much longer.

Cyan 04 Jan 2017
In reply to Jen Jones:

I'm in the same boat. Women's Miura VS fit me perfectly so I have kept buying them and just grumbled about the poor build quality. But on my last pair the rubber peeled off so quickly that I finally snapped and bought a pair of Evolv Shaman 2. After about 4 months of heavy use they have worn as expected - the edges have rounded but nothing more than that.

I am not sure I'll be buying from La Sportiva again. I'm gutted but cannot justify the cost of replacing such expensive shoes so frequently.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...