Sleeping bag for inside a bivvy bag

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Dave B 1984 03 Jan 2017
I am after a sleeping bag (down) that will work well in a gortex bivvy bag. I will be using it mainly during Spring, Summer and Autumn, but with the occasion Winter use. Does anyone have any recommendations/ deals they have seen/ one they want to sell?
 Tigger 03 Jan 2017
In reply to Dave B 1984:

Alpkits pipe dream 600 suits me for year round use. Mines a few years old now and cost about £170 I think. Not too sure what the going rate is now though.
On a side note I probably wouldn't buy another as I don't think they use ethically sourced down, i.e the birds are repeated live plucked.
 Andypeak 03 Jan 2017
In reply to Tigger:

I'm pretty sure they do use ethically sourced down.
 nathan79 03 Jan 2017
In reply to Tigger:
Many other brands use ethically sourced down for their bags(and clothing) including Alpkit.
Mountain Equipment, Berghaus, Rab, PHD to name just a few of the big names.

But on the original question, the Alpkit shout is a good choice. A little dearer these days (well does anything get cheaper?) abs as ever dependant on their stock.
Post edited at 18:45
Dave B 1984 03 Jan 2017
In reply to Andypeak:

It says on the website that they are ethically sourced.
 spenser 03 Jan 2017
In reply to Dave B 1984:

They used to offer the option of buying a longer bag, I wouldn't be surprised if they were able to make you up a longer sleeping bag, it cost about £10-15 extra when I bought mine (although that was 6 years ago and the sleeping bag only cost £105 I think!). Mine was used about 4 or 5 times a year until about 3 years ago where it started being used at least every other weekend both nights and it's still going strong (although I do have to use a liner with it, otherwise it really stinks).
Dave B 1984 03 Jan 2017
In reply to spenser:

Yeah, just had another look and they do offer a 'long' alternative.
Moley 03 Jan 2017
In reply to Dave B 1984:

No complaints about my alpkit 400 & 600. Sometimes used in an old alpkit bivvy bag, but never avoided condensation, how bad seems to depend on ambient temperature.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...