Anyone doing the Rapha 500 challenge on Strava?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Yanis Nayu 29 Dec 2016
I'm giving it a go. Got 90 miles left over the next few days and I'm feeling it now. A lot easier when you write it on a bit of paper than doing it in real life, especially in the freezing weather!

Anyone else doing it? How's it going?
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

I'm on 410K. A couple of hours tomorrow and a couple on Saturday should do it. Most of my miles have been on main roads to avoid icy little lanes.
 Brass Nipples 29 Dec 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Started at midnight on Christmas Eve and did it in one hit to get it out the way. Done 3 rides since but just to pub and back, so short stuff.

OP Yanis Nayu 29 Dec 2016
In reply to yesbutnobutyesbut:

My plans were changed this morning by icy lanes, but only after I'd done a couple of miles on a treacherous lane linking two main gritted roads, doing about 8 mph and hardly daring to breathe. I'm doing 50-55 miles tomorrow, which will leave me with about 35-40 on Saturday, but as each ride so far has been at least 50 miles I'm keen to keep that going. I'm hoping it's going to set me right for the NY with a bit of endurance.

Hope you get yours done. Good luck!
In reply to Lion Bakes:

> Started at midnight on Christmas Eve and did it in one hit to get it out the way. Done 3 rides since but just to pub and back, so short stuff.

Best way mate.
 Brass Nipples 29 Dec 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> Best way mate.

Based on the ice and fog past few days I'd have to agree.
 Run_Ross_Run 29 Dec 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Wanted to do it. Only complete 100 km so far. Should have kicked myself up the arse earlier. i was hoping beyond hope the deadline was 2nd! Is it?
In reply to Run_Ross_Run:

Saturday is the last day. At least I hope it is, or I'm doomed!
OP Yanis Nayu 30 Dec 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Another 51 miles in the bank. It was 2-3 degrees today and it felt like summer! 36 miles tomorrow and the job's done!
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

A minimum of 27km needed tomorrow and I've done it.
OP Yanis Nayu 31 Dec 2016

Did it! 527km in total. I did 6 rides ranging from 51-59 miles.

Quite pleased with myself.
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Nice one

48 miles this morning took me to 550km.
OP Yanis Nayu 31 Dec 2016

Well done)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...