Cheap thick fleece trousers/leggings?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Taurig 24 Dec 2016
Wondering if anyone could recommend some decent value men's fleece trousers please?

In winter I usually wear thick softshells with paclite overtrousers in the bag and leggings underneath if it's baltic. There are some days though when I'll have hardshell salopettes on from the car (heavy sleet/snow or when skiing), and even the thickest running tights I have feel a bit chilly. I'm led to believe that powerstretch leggings are the warmest, but £60 for fleecy tights? Bit much I reckon.

Always seems to be some good advice on here for e.g. cold work gloves for climbing. Wondering if theres any similar budget options for thick (maybe at least 200w?) fleece leggings or trousers? No particular budget but hopefully substantially less than powerstretch!
Rigid Raider 24 Dec 2016
In reply to Taurig:

Have a look at Wiggle's own brand dhb, it's cycle clothing but they may do running stuff as well. You might even find something amongst the cycling tights.
 dek 24 Dec 2016
In reply to Taurig:

Sport pursuit, have some polar tech, power-stretch 3/4 tights by MH and Zajo for £21-£27 ish. I've found ordinary fleecy leggings are 'sticky' under softshells, a nightmare for high stepping!
I've some old NF 100 fleece legging trackie things, you can pick them up for around £25 ish in Tiso's.
 TobyA 24 Dec 2016
In reply to Taurig:

I bought some cheap fleece trousers a few years back from Decathlon. They work very well under salopettes on very cold days and cost less than a tenner. Not sure if they have them currently, but worth a look. Warmer than things like running tights or power stretch.
OP Taurig 24 Dec 2016
In reply to dek:

Do you mean these bad boys dek?

http://m.tiso.com/tiso-tnfx-1133949/north-face-m-100-glacier-pant-dark-grey...

These are the kind of thing I'm looking for, but I just think there has to be a cheaper non-branded version somewhere?
 bpmclimb 25 Dec 2016
In reply to Taurig:

I splashed out on some (Mountain Hardwear) powerstretch full-length leggings years ago. They weren't cheap, but I've worn them hundreds of times over more than 10 years, and they're still going strong, still very warm and stretchy. Worth the outlay, IMO.
 chris fox 25 Dec 2016
In reply to Taurig:

Evans cycles do these cycling pants which i have and are superb
https://www.evanscycles.com/fwe-kennington-thermal-waist-tights-EV249027
Im 5'4" and 30" waist and have a size small.
 dek 25 Dec 2016
In reply to Taurig:

A bit cheaper in E Brighams, maybe a look in decathlon too, or post a Wanted Ad on here?

https://www.ellis-brigham.com/products/the-north-face-mens-100-glacier-flee...
 Bish 25 Dec 2016
In reply to Taurig:

I bought some American military polartec grid fleece leggings on eBay. Really good quality, branded fabric and a decent price. Picked them up for about 25 quid.

132009956809 this is the item on eBay.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...