BNWT Winter Gear - Ropes, Spantiks, Nomic, Paramo

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Jonny Allen 24 Dec 2016
premier post photo
All prices include Free postage! (to the UK Mainland and Northern Ireland).

I have lots of photos waiting, for item #2.) in particular.

Please PM me to receive them by email, or to ask for my mobile number to Whatsapp or iMessage them (if you have an iPhone) which would be the easiest method for me.

#1.) BNWT Spantiks: size EU 46 - £299 (cheapest online price £395).

These remarkable boots should need no introduction to the right buyer. They are perfect for the aspiring High Altitude Mountaineer or Winter Alpinist.
I bought them when I had high ambitions of doing both of the above imminently, but that never happened for health reasons, and I’m not sure when I’ll get the chance again to do either.

Surely the UKC bargain of the month?!

#2.) La Sportiva Spantiks: size EU 42 (used, good condition) - £240 ovno (cheapest online price £395).

A very rare size to come by in good second hand condition, with only one very small flaw, hence my asking price.
These are in very good condition generally, just enough light scuffing and scraping to the uppers and soles to know they have been used.

You will see very quickly that they've been worn with crampons most of the time. The all-important front toe bail area, for example, is completely intact, and has many years of life left.
It was actually quite hard for me to ‘make’ them look used whilst taking photos (on request).

What I do need to tell you is that the right boot has suffered a very small crampon puncture in the upper, but it is both very small and appears to only affects the outermost of its many layers.
Nothing a bit of epoxy won’t make good as good as new again. It definitely won’t impair function.

UKC bargain of the month #2.

#3.) BNWOT Petzl Nomic 2 (single) Ice Tool - £130 (cheapest online price £156).

This is a single Nomic that has never been used at all. It still has bubble wrap on the pick!
I’m convinced this is an absolute bargain price that I’m offering here, but if you do find a better deal on single Nomics to partner it with let me know, and I will price match it, and then some, asap.
 
#4.) Mammut Meteor 8.3 mm X 60m superdry half ropes (BNWT still in packaging) - £160 (RRP £240).

So, the only reason I’m selling these is because RockRun lost their minds last year and sold off all their stock of the Edelrid’s awesome Apus 7.8mm x 70m half ropes, for a crazy price that made me promptly snap up two(!) pairs of them, before I even got a chance to use these Mammut ones. So the Mammut ones are now redundant/surplus to my needs. But I’m not desperate to sell them at this bargain price, so grab them quick before I change my mind!
http://www.needlesports.com/32676/products/mammut-meteor-super-dry-8-3mm-60...

#5.) Paramo Aspira salopettes - Size Small-Reg, black (used – but mint condition) - £120 ono (RRP: do your own research! I got lost/fed up!).

Not much else to say about these. Widely agreed as thee best thing to wear for British winter condition in particular. Grab a bargain.

#6.) Paramo Aspira smock - Size Small in the more recent red and grey colour scheme (used – but mint condition) - £130 ono (RRP: as above).

The perfect partner to the above. Very cleverly designed to (just for one example) allow the wearer to insert your bare hands through the front ventilation flaps and put them into the salopette pockets! Otherwise, as above. (and read some of the MANY threads on here about Paramo).
Legit reason for sale. I haven’t managed to get to Scotland for 7 flipping Winters now, and I still don’t know when I will again.
Try as I might, I can just no longer justify owning a complete clothing system/set, that is really only worth its weight in gold in Winter, when I know I have a very slim chance of getting to use it this season, and possibly the next few as well. So here you go, take advantage of my avarice quick before I change my mind here too, lol.

That’s it. Thanks for looking. Any questions, just ask.
Regards,
Jonny Allen.
OP Jonny Allen 24 Dec 2016
#3.) BNWOT Petzl Nomic 2 (single) Ice Tool...

SOLD. (pending payment).

bensilvestre 24 Dec 2016
In reply to Jonny Allen:

Ill take the half ropes, pm me if theyre still available (or facebook i replied there too)
In reply to bensilvestre:
All yours bud. Just checked my email to be sure (dammit, knew I shouldn't have offered them at such a good price! ;- )

Would you mind YOU pm'ing ME so I can send you my bank details?

EDIT: Duh, wait... I can send you a Facebook message since you've replied there. I forgot that we're friends. Gimme a sec...
Post edited at 16:45

#4.) Mammut Meteor half ropes...

SOLD.

OP Jonny Allen 27 Dec 2016
Price drops on these remaining items before they get put on fleaBay folks.

#1.) La Sportiva Spantiks: size EU 46 (BNWT) - £280 ovno (cheapest online price £395).

A note on the size of these: I am normally a size EU45 in most brands of footwear, but with a better insole (not included) than the standard one they come with, plus an extra thick (Lorpen) sock... the previous pair of these i had fit me perfectly.

#2.) La Sportiva Spantiks: size EU 42... £199 oVno (cheapest online price £395).

#5.) Paramo Aspira salopettes... £99

#6.) Paramo Aspira smock... £99 (no further offers will be entertained on this).

another note on sizing, for those of you that haven't read the maaaaany epic posts about Paramo: I am nearly 6'2", 40 inch chest, and have a 33 inch(ish!) waist... and both this smock (with a little room to spare) and the salopettes (just about!) fit me perfectly! Paramo's sizing are bonkers. It's their only flaw.

andrewm1000 28 Dec 2016
In reply to Jonny Allen: Jonny, the Spantiks used condition 46 listed on your other listing were received last week. Excellent bargain. Exactly as you described. Good communications. Many thanks Jonny. regards Andrew

OP Jonny Allen 28 Dec 2016
In reply to andrewm1000:

> Jonny, the Spantiks used condition 46 listed on your other listing were received last week. Excellent bargain...

aw, thanks mate. appreciate that.

Come on folks, make me some offers ffs!?
OP Jonny Allen 31 Dec 2016
#2.) La Sportiva Spantiks: size EU 42...

Now SOLD.
OP Jonny Allen 31 Dec 2016

Items Remaining...

#1.) La Sportiva Spantiks: size EU 46 (BNWT) - £299 no offers (yes, i'm putting the price back up. After having reviewed what other people are asking on eBay and the Farcebook UK gear exchange. You snoozed, you loosed, sorry).
https://www.facebook.com/groups/usedgearexchangeuk/1186897834756724/?notif_...

#5.) Paramo Aspira salopettes... £99.

#6.) Paramo Aspira smock... £120 (see above).

thanks for looking.
Post edited at 11:00
 Buzzsaw 05 Jan 2017
In reply to Jonny Allen:

Many thanks for the Size 42 Boots. Very pleased with the fast delivery and excellent boots.
ltf1 11 Feb 2017
In reply to Buzzsaw:

Hi - just wondering if you still have Paramo stuff? Cheers Liz

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...