ski tour boot crampons - Sportiva Sparkle

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
abmcn 22 Dec 2016
Hi. Can anybody recommend a crampon which will fit my ski tour boots? I have La Sportive Sparkle. I've tried Black Diamond Sera Pro (front bail keeps popping off), and the Grivel Air Tech Newmatic (will work at a push, but the front basket is too narrow for the toe of the boot so it not an easy or good fit). Any advice welcome. Thanks.
 AdrianC 22 Dec 2016
In reply to abmcn:

I use Grivel Air Techs & the front basket goes fine on my Sportive Spectres. I see there's an alloy version which might be a good ski touring option if it fits.
abmcn 22 Dec 2016
In reply to AdrianC: thanks AdrianC, I'll research that further.

ianstevens 22 Dec 2016
In reply to abmcn:

I use G14s on mine, (note: I did not buy them for this purpose) with the metal bail on the front and they fit beautifully.
 Tricadam 23 Dec 2016
In reply to abmcn:

What do you want them to do? Walk or climb?
 spragglerocks 23 Dec 2016
In reply to abmcn:

I've also use Air Techs with the cramp-o-matic front binding (the bar type) and have used G14's, again cramp-o-matic. Both fit really well but you may have to move the rear attachment forward or backwards depending on how you have it set up now.

I've also tried the Grivel Haute Route bindings on mine and they also fit well. Avoid Petzl apart from maybe the Lynx they are too narrow at the front. I took my ski boots into Joe Browns and tried all the different crampons on before buying my original G14's.

These are my current bindings:
https://www.absolute-snow.co.uk/V/Grivel_Air_Tech_Cramp-O-Matic_Mountaineer...

And if you want one pair to do everything you can buy these to convert back to a newmatic binding for boots that don't have the front welt:
https://shop.epictv.co.uk/en/crampons/grivel/c-o-m-2-nm-bail-x2?sku=GRI15_C...
abmcn 23 Dec 2016
In reply to spragglerocks:
Brilliant, thanks!
abmcn 23 Dec 2016
In reply to abmcn:
Thanks all for taking the time to reply. I've just got the gravel G12 Cramp o'matic. A little heavier than I had hoped, but a perfect fit, and easy to use. Hopefully good for the long term, will let you know !
 connor 24 Dec 2016
In reply to abmcn:

I use the g10s with both front and rear baskets and g14s for climbing with the metal bail at the front. Both are grand.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...