RAB Electron jacket, quick review from a user if possible

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Denni 16 Dec 2016
Hi folks,
a quick question if someone could answer it!

I'm in the states now and my old Neutrino has completely given up after years of abuse. They are ridiculously expensive here but I have found an Electron fairly cheap and the temp here is dropping, minus 11 today!

So basically, for round the town, daily use, walking use etc is it a fairly warm jacket? I've looked at all the stats etc but to be honest, none the wiser so can an Electron user let me know if it is toasty :0)

Cheers, Den
 gi 16 Dec 2016
In reply to Denni:

Hi, Yep I have one and and I had a very old Neutrino before that.

Id say the Electron is as warm if not warmer, though that could be because the newer jacket fits me a lot better.

It was plenty warm enough living in Colorado over last winter and its great as a belay jacket, huge pockets high up, good hood, really lofty, seems fairly water repellent (though I use a synthetic when things are damp), looks great, really nice cuffs though if you keep gloves on all the time they might be annoying, really smooth running zips that don't snag much, and it packs down surprisingly small.

Hope that helps, Ive not regretted buying mine!

OP Denni 16 Dec 2016
In reply to gi:

Thanks fot that mate, much appreciated.
Glad it is as warm as the older Neutrino, was just a bit unsure as it is described as a midweight jacket.
Trigger pulled!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...