Fitting Nepal Evo GTX

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JamesWoolley 20 Nov 2016
I have some Nepal Evo GTX boots which i have worn out a couple of times recently but am having difficulty in getting the correct fitting.

When walking uphill and on flat my toes have some wiggle room and it feels fine. However, when traveling downhill my feet will slide forward and large toes will press against the front of the boot. With the laces undone and my foot pushed against the front of the boot i can just about fit 1 finger between my heel and the back. I have added the tongue depressors, kicked my feet to the heel and ensured the laces are tight around the ankle but it still persists. I'm starting to come to the realisation that i may have a size too small and will need to sell them and purchase another size or different boot. Is there anything else that i could try before doing this? Would any of the superfeet insoles assists in any way with this problem?

thank you in advance for any assistance.
 danm 20 Nov 2016
In reply to JamesWoolley:

* Take this with a pinch of salt, I once trained as a boot fitter but it's been many years since I did any!

From what you describe, it sounds like they may be the right size for length (or close to it) , but that you may have too much volume in the boot. Did you get the boots fitted during purchase? If so, did you get this problem when tested on the ramp, and if not, what was different - socks, lacing etc can make a difference. I'd play around with thicker sock combo's and the forefoot lacing first before anything else.

Superfeet are meant to help stabilise the foot for those people whose feet collapse outwards too much on impact, you need to be tested to see if you need them. Volume reducers (which it sounds like you may need) usually go under the footbed. If you continue to have problems, I'd take your boots along with your usual sock combo to a good shop with an expert boot fitting service and get them to have a look and see what the problem is and how best to fix it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...