lightweight synthetic 3-4 season sleeping bag

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 shuffle 16 Nov 2016
I'm looking to buy a synthetic sleeping bag for winter bivvy-ing. Ideally I want it to be small pack size, as light as possible, rated to 0c comfort limit and not cost an absolute fortune. This seems to be pretty much asking for the moon on a stick...

Internet searching seems to suggest the Mountain Hardwear Hyperlamina would be my best bet. Can anyone give feedback on them or recommend something else.

I already have a winter down bag, and am specifically looking for synthetic this time.

Cheers!
 ballsac 16 Nov 2016
In reply to shuffle:

i can't comment on the MH bag, but my synthetic bag of choice is the Snugpak Softie 9 - mines about 10 years old and is still in decent nick, and those who buy them now report no loss in build/materials quality.

about £120, weight is 1.5kg, comfort rating about -5c and it'll cope with colder.
 Andypeak 16 Nov 2016
In reply to shuffle:

Can also vouch for snugpak bags. Very good for synthetic bags.
 SenzuBean 16 Nov 2016
In reply to shuffle:

I've just ordered a HyperLamina Torch, so will be able to give feedback in about 2-3 weeks. In my extensive research I didn't find much else that compared (numbers wise) - nothing equal to or better anyway than HyperLamina stuff. Nordisk had one with vertical stitching and a membrane that had surprisingly good numbers.
My partner has a HyperLamina Spark (850g), and so far it's performed similar my down bag that weighs 750g.
OP shuffle 16 Nov 2016
In reply to ballsac:

This looks like another contender, thank you!
OP shuffle 16 Nov 2016
In reply to SenzuBean:

Good to know your partner finds their bag performs well. I just wish they didn't cost quite so much!
 SenzuBean 17 Nov 2016
In reply to shuffle:

> Good to know your partner finds their bag performs well. I just wish they didn't cost quite so much!

They are dear compared to synthetics, but still super cheap compared to down. :p
I'm looking forward to the day when there's a synthetic that's lighter than down and cheaper.
 Andypeak 17 Nov 2016
In reply to shuffle:

Ultimate outdoors had some mountain hardware lamina bags half price today. Not sure if they are the ones you are after but worth a look
OP shuffle 18 Nov 2016
In reply to andy.smythe:

Unfortunately they don't have the one I'm after, but thanks for the heads up

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...