Crux ak37 is it worth the price and alternatives

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 llanberis36 30 Oct 2016
Looking to buy crux ak 37. This will be for all my needs, day mountain walking, cragging and everything else. Looking for something to last hopefully a lifetime, with nothing I don't need.

They are much more expensive than anything else, and is there any alternatives. Looked at the force ten alpine so far
 Michael Hood 30 Oct 2016
In reply to llanberis36: For that price you could buy 3 cheaper sacs for the different activities. Personally I wouldn't spend that much on a sac (unless I'd won the lottery) except for something like an expedition; where having the correct/best kit could make more of a difference.

If you go down the multi-sac-route I would recommend going to Decathlon - their own brand tends to have quality "one level above" its price range.

Greasy Prusiks 30 Oct 2016
In reply to llanberis36:

Haven't used the crux but I swear by a haglofs roc hard 30. Brilliant sack and pretty bomb proof imo.
OP llanberis36 30 Oct 2016
In reply to Greasy Prusiks:

Thanks

Is this big enough for a day in the mountains walking in winter and multi pitch cragging

cheers
In reply to llanberis36:

It's 30 liters which I find enough for those sort of days out. I think you'd struggle to do overnight alpanisim with it though.

My only criticism of it is your back will get warm using it but I find that an advantage in Britain for most of the year!
OP llanberis36 30 Oct 2016
In reply to Greasy Prusiks:

Thanks

It appear that these are no longer being sold, can you let me know where you got it from
In reply to llanberis36:

No problem.

I got mine from bergfreunde.uk but that was about a year ago. Apologies if I've led you on a wild goose chase.
 Wayne S 30 Oct 2016
In reply to llanberis36:

I know people who have a Crux sac for many years, though lifetime might be pushing it. Personally I am still sad about the loss of POD sacks. Will be lost when my second Black Ice dies!
 John Kelly 30 Oct 2016
In reply to llanberis36:

I don't think one sack, however good will cut it, I regularly use 18 ltr, 30ltr and a 45ltr - lowe alpine are very good
 zimpara 30 Oct 2016
In reply to John Kelly:

Arcteryx alpha fl 45 looks good.
I ended up with a Halöfs roc speed 40. Nice bit of kit.
 sparkass 31 Oct 2016
In reply to llanberis36:

Personally I want one bag that does everything and will last forever. If I didn't have the excellent and cheaper Podsacs Crag Sac I'd definitely have an AK47.

Seeing as Podsacs are currently not available I'd get the Crux!

Duncan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...