Cheviots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 rodw 29 Oct 2016
I intend going up to the cheviots next week to do 2 days wild camping and doing most of the tops has anyone done this or can give me advice
 graeme jackson 29 Oct 2016
In reply to rodw:

Camping down in the Henhole is a fantastic spot. Davidson's linn is another popular camping spot. If you're leaving a vehicle for a number of days, make sure you either leave a note in it or tell the local police.
 pass and peak 30 Oct 2016
In reply to rodw:

As above, The Hen Hole in Cheviot is a great spot, camp just above the last waterfall, or an alternate is Bizzle Crags, nice large grass spot there if not as remote, both places accessible by leaving car at Hethpool. I wouldn't leave a note in the car though, bit like saying to thieves "you have 2 days to rob me before anyone will notice" you can contact police or if you have someone at the same address as vehicle reg, just leave plan with them. Also good parking at NT park at Alwinton or Barrowburn for access to Davidsons Linn etc. Pennine Way runs length of border ridge with good path, any other summit away from this will be a bog walk! Also parking up Ingram Valley just past Ingram, though its popular and not as secure, bad time of the year as far as thieves go! having said that I don't want to put you off, its not Wales! Enjoy looks like good weather next week
OP rodw 30 Oct 2016
In reply to pass and peak:
Thanks for that my favoured car park was the NT one at barrowburn do you happen to know if overnight parking is allowed
Regard Rod
 pass and peak 31 Oct 2016
In reply to rodw:

There's no sign to say you can't, just a no camping one I think, no ticket machines either!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...