UKC

NEWS: Matterhorn Success for Quadruple Amputee Jamie Andrew

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 09 Aug 2016
Happy to have found a weather window!, 4 kbScottish climber and quadruple amputee Jamie Andrew has succeeded in his ambition to summit the Matterhorn (4,478m) via the Northeast (Hornli) Ridge (AD)​ in Switzerland. Jamie had previously attempted the route in 2013, reaching 250m below the summit before being forced to turn back due to lack of time.

Read more
Graeme G 09 Aug 2016
In reply to UKC News:

At last a thread about a proper climbing achievement. Bloody amazing. If i could just have an ounce of what this guy has inside his head. Utterly inspirational.
In reply to UKC News:

I sometimes work with amputee's (normally single limb) and see how everyday tasks and mobility (street level) can be challenging, so I cannot comprehend how difficult this must have been as a quadruple amputee to summit the Matterhorn. Amazing, and just a fantastic effort Jamie Andrew.
 Derry 09 Aug 2016
In reply to UKC News:

I remember watching the documentary on his previous unsuccessful attempt. I was completely gutted for him that they didn't summit. You coiuld just see the anguish on his face as the turn-around point drew closer and closer. Never did I think he'd have another crack at it! So this article has really made my day. Inspiring stuff
 SallyM 09 Aug 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Incredible!
 petestack 09 Aug 2016
In reply to Father Noel Furlong:

> At last a thread about a proper climbing achievement. Bloody amazing. If i could just have an ounce of what this guy has inside his head. Utterly inspirational.

Yes, absolutely... another utterly inspirational chapter in an utterly (uniquely?) inspirational life story!
 Jimbo C 11 Aug 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Wow, amazing achievement. 13 hours is an incredible time all things considered (Not sure I'd be that fast!)
 Goucho 11 Aug 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Complete respect. Well done Jamie.
 colinakmc 11 Aug 2016
In reply to UKC News:
Congratulations Jamie. Terrific achievement, not sure if I could climb it even with an original,complement of limbs....you inspire untold numbers of disabled folk and you keep on raising your game!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...