COMPETITION: WINNER - Win A New Petzl REACTIK+ Headtorch

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Petzl Reatik+, 4 kbFor more than 30 years Petzl has led the way in as an innovator in the research, design and manufacture of quality headtorches. From humble beginnings, when Fernand Petzl fashioned the first helmet-mounted light for caving, headtorches were refined over time, until he created the 'Zoom' model, which, with its rotating bezel as a switch and focus adjuster, became a seminal outdoor product well into the 21st century.

Read more
 Rick Graham 18 Jul 2016
In reply to UKC/UKH Articles:
Can somebody please advise which Petzl headtorch just has an On / Off switch?

Ta.
Post edited at 17:22
Removed User 18 Jul 2016
In reply to Rick Graham:

Come on, move with the times. All you need to do to boost lighting in extremis when benighted mid-pitch on a long route is take one hand off the tiny crimp you're hanging on, fish your phone out of your pocket (you didn't leave it in the top pocket of your sack did you?), and use the convenient app to adjust the brightness.
 andrewmc 19 Jul 2016
In reply to Rick Graham:

Problem is battery - either the light has to be sufficiently crap that the battery will last for a long time, or you have to be able to use lower brightnesses to avoid using up all of the battery in an hour or so. So in answer to your questions, probably the really low-brightness ones?
 y2keable 22 Jul 2016

They couldn't just put a little LCD battery indicator on it or some traffic light LED's? I have a MTB handlebar headlamp that tells you how many hours of light you have left and on what brightness setting with the use of a single RGB LED.

Seems to me that fitting Bluetooth to a head torch is like fitting suspension springs on a library card, costly and completely pointless.
 aln 22 Jul 2016

I answered with option two, but I'm really hoping the correct answer is option three.
 silverdarling 23 Jul 2016
In reply to aln:

> I answered with option two, but I'm really hoping the correct answer is option three.

yeh, cos god know's what use option 2 is going to be ..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...