grand adventures in glencoe/fort William aria?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hi

I am taking a couple of friends up to Glencoe for a few days to do some hillwalking and scrambling. The have some experience of easy scrambles in the lakes sharp edge, striding edge that sort of stuff and they managed them fine. They have also both had a go at indoor climbing in the last year or two so have some very basic knowledge of rope work that can be built on.

So basically what would be some good routes for these guys? I am hoping we can work our way up to doing tower ridge for our last day. But I want to fit in some nice interesting scrambles to work up to this point. Something with a real taste of the Scottish hills.

There’s myself and my regular climbing partner so we can guide them on a 1 to 1 ratio.

I would like to get them across the Anoach Egach which is a long grade 2 and I know roughly what to expect as I did it last winter.

Any other grand adventures that people could recommend?
 petestack 15 Jul 2016
In reply to paul_the_northerner:
Sron na Lairig. It's probably marginally easier than the Aonach Eagach, more up than along, and a grand way onto Stob Coire Sgreamhach and the Bidean group. Also Sron na Creise and, if you're looking for a really easy starter, the Pink Rib of Beinn a' Chrulaiste.

Edit: not to forget Curved Ridge as the stand-out route a little harder than Sron na Lairig and Aonach Eagach!
Post edited at 12:21
In reply to petestack:

looks like some good reccomendations, i shall add those to the list.

fingers crossed for the weather!
 d_b 22 Jul 2016

Rhyolite Romp on Aonach Dubh. Walking + easy scrambling in stunning surroundings.

For a great warm up day where you're not quite as up in the mountains, you could do Scimitar ridge in Glen Nevis, then head up Stob Ban via it's NE ridge (ridge climbs to a spot height of 912 before heading south to the summit- easily avoidable tricky scrambling sections but can be a really good quality scramble).

+1 for Aonach Eagach & Curved Ridge, If you need to travel to avoid weather Glen Shiel has loads of stuff and there's some great and fairly untravelled hillwalking out west towards Mallaig (corryhully horseshoe has no scrambling but is a great walk).
In case you've not seen there's a new climbing wall in Fort William in case you need to get out the rain or entertain yourself for an evening

Enjoy!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...