PRODUCT NEWS: Rampage Jacket and the new Rock Collection from Ra

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 30 Mar 2016
Rab Rampage Jacket - Men's, 3 kbRab's new Rock collection is designed by climbers, for climbers and in close collaboration with the Rab athlete team. It is as suitable for a late night training session indoors as it is for travelling to that hot-rock destination you've been dreaming about all winter, or enjoying a pint in the pub after a productive day in the mountains.

Read more
 snoop6060 30 Mar 2016
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Does this stuff into itself and clip onto your harness?
 petellis 30 Mar 2016

> Rab's new Rock collection is designed by climbers, for climbers

Does this mean they have finally made the forearms wide enough for the average climber's hams? I usually can't buy Rab for that reason.
In reply to snoop6060:

I've just had the following response from Rab:

"The Rampage is designed more as a dynamic stand-alone piece that you would wear whilst climbing single pitch/sport climbing on cooler days. It’s actually quite a heavy piece to be clipped to a harness. If you're after something on the lighter side, we offer pieces like the Windveil Jacket, the Ventus, or Boreas Pull-On."

Hope that's of help!

n.b. I've only just noticed the weight wasn't included within the product news item, but it's 478g
 snoop6060 30 Mar 2016
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

> I've just had the following response from Rab:

> "The Rampage is designed more as a dynamic stand-alone piece that you would wear whilst climbing single pitch/sport climbing on cooler days. It’s actually quite a heavy piece to be clipped to a harness. If you're after something on the lighter side, we offer pieces like the Windveil Jacket, the Ventus, or Boreas Pull-On."

A dynamic, stand alone piece ey

The Boreas pull on doesn't stuff away either! Well least the one I have doesn't, its an early model. In any case, I simply don't get this. A jacket that is designed for climbers should have this feature by default. Even when climbing short routes at stanage, its bloody baltic on top of their sometimes. But its primarily useful when climbing multipitch routes.

Is it really that hard? Or just expensive to add? Honest question, I know the sum total of f-all about product design.

neuromancer 30 Mar 2016

So this is basically a vapour rise jacket in a different colour to match your funky bouldering leggings?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...